Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yes I need some help please I changed my bearings on my 2018 cb300f yesterday and I followed the instructions and when I go to put the tire on I can’t get the spacers to fit to even put my axle bolt through then I finally got it to fit and the axle bolt will go in about 4 to 5 inches and stop well I straighten up the tire the bolt finally went all the way in but now I have a clucking noise from I think my brake where it mounts and the tire is super tight with out the chain on to roll the tire please I hope this makes sense I’m completely over this motorcycle at this point I think I have lost all interest in riding just more of a problem then enjoyment

· Registered
519 Posts
You probably did not locate the brake caliper mounting point correctly. Have you put the axle spacers back in the correct way?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You probably did not locate the brake caliper mounting point correctly. Have you put the axle spacers back in the correct way?
Yes everything is was put back the right way I figured out that one of the bearings was not all the way set flush I finally got the tire on it moves free and smooth but I’m still having issues with the chain it only kicks towards the tire in one spot the chain stays straight and then when the chain gets to the said spot it kick towards the tire just in one spot and i don’t know what it is any advice if needed i can post a video on here so you can see what I am talking about if someone can help me out I would appreciate it cuz the chain and sprockets only have at least 800 miles on it i have literally worked on the motorcycle more than i have road it I think i rode it 10 times and it is supposed to be my every day transportation but like I said I have been working on it more than I have been able to enjoy the bike and it sucks cuz I’m a new rider I’m mechanically inclined for the most part so I’m not a newbie when it comes to working stuff but I just don’t know if I should buy a chain and see if it’s the chain or do I buy the hole chain and sprocket all over again which makes no sense to have to do this soon ?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or do I need to buy the whole ass end of the bike to delete all guesses and get the chain and sprockets to like 600 bucks is a lot of money for a bike that only has 5000 miles on it and atm I have changed the bearings the chain and sprockets brakes front and back had to buy new tires new Cush drive like I’m pretty much tapped out and to only have rode the bike 10 times if that 800 miles give or take some and to have all these problems and it’s a 2018 with as little mileage on it just seems to be a little bit more than I can afford now I just need some help honestly I’ll post a video of the problem in a few it’s cold out side but I’ll send so I can get some advice k thanks for the reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts