Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a 2015 cbr 300r with abs. Im pretty sure the previous owner beat the piss out of it with zero maintenance. So, right now it needs a front and rear tire, a new chain and sprocket after only 6k miles. When i changed the oil there was barely any in there and it was very dirty. Buying the bike and getting it squared away with the registry to be on the road has my pockets spent. How hard is it to replace the sprockets and chain? I simply cant afford the dealer cost right now and I paid for a bike I only got to enjoy for a week before **** hit the fan. Ironically the bike shop told me it was good to go before i even started riding, as i had them look it over to make sure it was road ready. They said it was and it wasnt so this kind of has me pissed off. Any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
372 Posts
Replacing the sprockets is quite straight forward. If you do replace it's a good idea to change the front 14T to a 15T. (Sunstar Sprocket Front 15T 36115) To replace the chain you will need a chain tool, the heads of the rivets can be removed from the old chain with an angle grinder before pushing out the pins. Do oil & filterchanges about every 3000 miles or so. They don't have much oil in them so worth changing regularly. I use Motul 7100 synthetic. If the old oil was very dirty it might be a good idea to change the oil now and then again after 500 - 1000 miles to get rid of any grot. Many CBR250 parts will fit too. I'd give that dealer a miss if he said it was OK. They are great bikes. I had a great ride out today in the sun.
CBR Llyn Celyn dam..jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts