Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! After much deliberation between a CBR300R, Ninja 250/300 and Yamaha R3. I decided the CBR300r was the right bike for me. Being light and the low seat height was something I wanted. I'm a short guy 5'3" so finding bike that is comfortable for me is a must. I went into Honda this past weekend and picked up a red one. Even got a lowered seat so my midget legs and reach the ground.

I love this bike, I was lucky enough to pick it up during a warm spell here. I put at least 100 miles over the weekend. I'll write a review in a separate thread about my experience with the new CBR300R.

I've ridden off and on the past 10 years. Mostly started on riding dirt bikes and atv's. My first street bike was a Honda CBR600F hurricane. That bike was fun, however due to money issues and trying to finish college I sold all my toys.

The past year I got back into riding. Picked me up a Honda Grom just to wet my whistle. After mobbing the Grom everyday and putting almost 5000 miles on it. I figured its time to pick up something a little bigger. Now I can't wait till spring.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I love this bike, I was lucky enough to pick it up during a warm spell here. I put at least 100 miles over the weekend. I'll write a review in a separate thread about my experience with the new CBR300R.
Nothing worse than getting a bike toward the end of riding season. I 100% understand your agitation haha.
Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Nothing worse than getting a bike toward the end of riding season. I 100% understand your agitation haha.

Yeah the release date wasnt great for you guys in the Northern Hemishphere but perfect for us south of the equator!
:D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^ +1, would love to hear further feedback.

I can relate on being comfortable with the 300R. It's a safe choice.

Nice to know that you're rightfully working your way back up the Honda motorcycle chain.

Btw, cool avatar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Congrats. What made you decide on the 300R vs. the Ninja, or the R3?
All around ride ability and weight. Also fuel economy was a huge plus. The low seat option is great without having to add a lowering link to the bike. I wanted something I could ride every day and also take it on trips.

Every review I read or saw said this bike is perfect all around road bike. From experience I feel Honda sport bikes are the most comfortable and best handling bikes out there.

I like the Honda brand and the reliability. It was a logical choice since I had already purchased a Grom. I wrung the throttle out of that 125 and runs like a champ. I get the same sentiments with the 300R. I'm happy I stuck with Honda and got the 300R. No buyers remorse here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts