Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going today to make a deal on a 2015 cbr300r. Can't wait. Hope I love the power on it. That's my only concern. This is my first bike though.

Just got my permit on Monday. Haha

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Perhaps take one out for a demo ride (or a friends bike) if you can before you buy. BTW welcome to the greatest Forum on the Planet!

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
When I jumped onto a 300 as my first bike about a year ago, I felt it had very good power. It's very usable compared to more powerful bikes. There was never a moment where I felt it didn't have enough power.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Don't worry about the power. Everyone says they are "worried" about it. Just ride, man.
This is great bike to get started on and work on your riding skills.
If you're gonna worry about anything, worry about keeping the rubber side down and keeping an eye out for the other motorists. Worry about being safe and making it home to your family, friends, kids, gf, bf,..whatever you have.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
You've probably done the deal by now but I cant help but think that a demo ride is the answer to your doubts. I'm assuming your dealer doesn't have a demo available.
Like jmerod said, If this is your first bike then at this stage your only concern about the power should be around controlling and mastering what you've got, not how much of it you have.
Anyways, thats enough of the grey bearded wisdom, enjoy your new toy. Exciting times for you. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
A demo ride would be a good idea if you are curious about power but it does say Honda on it, which means you made a good choice no matter what concern you may have.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I jumped onto a 300 as my first bike about a year ago, I felt it had very good power. It's very usable compared to more powerful bikes. There was never a moment where I felt it didn't have enough power.
That's how I feel about my 250. So what made you make the jump to a 600?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You might have already ordered your bike, in which case - congrats. However, you must bear in mind now, that the tuition or lessons you've had prepared you for one thing - getting your permit. Learning to be a competent, safe and happy biker only starts on the day you throw your leg over your first bike and head up the road. Accept that you need to learn and that you're not infallible or indestructible! With the right mental approach, you'll have a ball.

On the subject of first bikes, my advice is always to make it manageable, cheap and disposable. This is the poor machine you're going to learn to fall off and drop in driveways (probably in front of a group of serious bikers or a gaggle of attentive young ladies). It's also the machine you will use to find out why you're on a bike and what type of biker you are. Only then will you know what sort of bikes suit you and, going back to your original post, how much power is 'enough'. This process often leads to new bikers changing their first bike pretty soon, hence my advice to buy used and cheap.

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
That's how I feel about my 250. So what made you make the jump to a 600
http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/cbr300-general-discussion-forum/7754-bike-emotions-hurt.html

Felt like a change was needed after how well I took care of the bike and the incident. I had no plans of getting out of the 300 - if anything, I wanted to acquire the 600RR to compliment it after a year or so. The 300 was more than enough bike, although I just like the boost in adrenaline that the supersport gives off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts