Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl. Just joined this site. I got my bike brand new in June and have had no problems other than the factory recall for the solenoid to be swapped which the guys at Team Moto Honda Springwood done within 24hrs of making the call. They had my bike for about 15mins. Im looking to meet ppl in my area or even chat online about these bikes and basicly learn more about the bike. Hopefully i can also pass on any info that i feel may be useful. Keen to ride with anyone in SE QLD or even just over the boarder.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hi Jr. We're in the same neck of the woods. I'll be no use as a riding buddy I'm afraid. Health issues mean I ride rarely and only for short distances. I have owned large bikes for many years and basically bought the little CBR so that I could polish it and claim I'm still a biker :D

Happy to tell you everything I know about bikes, or anything with a petrol engine and wheels. Some of it is even true.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @JNO . Which CBR did u go with ? I find these bikes quite nimble for suburban riding. In some cases / riding areas, they have an advantage over bigger bikes.
However the wind has to be reasonable for highway riding or they just get pushed around too much. They certainly have enough power for the highway, they just don't seem to like wind speeds of 30 + .

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thanks @JNO . Which CBR did u go with ?
The 3R an 3F are indeed nimble bikes, and easy to handle. As you have noted though, lightweight bikes get pushed around a bit more than big bikes, but once you know what's going on, it's no problem in anything less than a gale, IMO. Power is subjective. I find the bike has adequate power for regular riding, but I haven't yet adjusted to having so little torque (most of my bikes have been 1000cc+, and so often find myself in too high a gear exiting corners. I find the engine to be well-matched to the bike and overall, both the R and F are excellent bikes for the money (I paid AUD5K) for this one:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I planned to make a few mods, but the longer I have the bike, the less I feel inclined to bugger around with it. I fitted some swingarm spools so that I could use a paddock stand (makes adjusting, cleaning and oiling the chain much easier), but that's it so far. I thought about swapping the exhaust for something smaller and lighter, but small singles don't sound great with aftermarket exhausts, IMO. I thought about a fender eliminator, but the standard unit has grown on me and does a good job of keeping crap off the back of the bike........

Still on the 'maybe' list is luggage, bar-end mirrors (I don't much care what my elbows are up to) and possibly bar risers, if I can find some that definitely don't foul the bodywork.

Part of my reluctance to mess with the bike is the enjoyment I get from knowing how little money I have tied up in a brand new bike that's actually fun to ride. I can't believe how good this thing is for five grand. I don't feel guilty about hardly using it at that price. I can even do a full service myself for about $80 - oil, two filters and one spark plug. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I don't want to go crazy with mods . Maybe an exhaust system , definitely gotta upgrade the tyres , graphics kit maybe lol. I paid 4990 for mine too but got the extend, unlimited k warranty. I'm yet to get a paddock stand but its on my hit list. Definitely will make it easier to wash, lube n adjust chain. I almost got a ninja 300 and so glad i didnt. The more i look at and ride my bike the more i like it. Are you still running stock tyres? I want to upgrade mine but would like to see if there's a preferred type for these bikes. Bar end mirrors is an interesting idea as all you can see is the reflection of your own arms unless you tuck your arm in lol.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
,,,,, definitely gotta upgrade the tyres.....Are you still running stock tyres?.....
Yup, still on the IRCs and no plans to change them till they are worn out. Any CeeBee owner who says they need better tyres than the stock IRCs is on the wrong bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'll certainly be getting my moneys worth out of these tyres but I've always been fussy with tyres on all vehicles. These tyres are safe for normal commuting but I wouldn't trust my life on them through mountains. They just don't have enough grip.

·
Banned
777 Posts
They're good enough for the city, and regular commuting.
I always tell myself I don't really need better tires, but once the stock ones go bad, I'll replace them.
Most of the time, the bike gets sold before I change the stock tires.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I myself thought the stock tyres where pretty good when I first bought the bike and had nothing to compare them with. It wasn't until I replaced the tyres that I realised how much further the bike can be pushed. Also In just normal day to day riding (my bike is my daily commute) the bike felt more sure-footed and easier to handle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts