Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new rider here. (Never been on a bike at all yet haha).
Having wanted a bike for years at 34 I've finally pulled the trigger for a New back stock 2017 CB300f for $3000 usd out the door. I pick it up April 15th and my Safety Course starts 3 days after that. Now I just hope the winter weather here in Milwaukee Wi stays gone lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey, welcome! Similar situation over here in Minneapolis, tho I beat you by one season (I put a deposit on my 300F around late Feb '18, did the MSF course at the beginning of May, when I was 33).

I think they're great bikes... Well, for starters anyway! (*ducks*)

Winter is not QUITE done here yet, but we have forecast lows above freezing and highs topping out at 60 by the end of this week, so I'm definitely getting to ride some point very soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must be mid-life crisis lol I took the course at 32 and bought my CBR two months later.
Kind of 😁 I restrained myself through my early 20's due to my self awareness of risk taking tendencies. Mostly my wife was pushing me towards a Yaris or an Accent for my 100 mile commute. (County why's 55mph, no interstate)
Just happened to see the listing and managed to talk her into letting me buy it instead of a 15k car I'd hate.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Goddamnit man @Hi-Viz-Honda, it's a third-life crisis at most!

I expressed all of my motorsports interests ("risk taking tendencies" is I guess another term you could use) through cars previously, but for a few years now I haven't been doing practically any autocross / track events / even group drives because of the $$$ and time investment. I have a very short 3 mile commute through the city, warranting a very wise motorcycle *investment* ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts