Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm from Australia. I currently own a Ninja 300. It's a shame the CBR300r has been delayed so long because it would have been great to have it as an alternative to the N3.

I'm curious to see how the CBR300 turns out. I was hoping Honda might go back to the drawing board after the Ninja 300 came along, and maybe try making a new twin for the CBR300 (a triple or i4 screamer like the old 250rr would be better, but unlikely these days due to cost).

I'll be following the development closely, keeping an eye on the competition. ;) One thing I'll give the CBR300r: it's a great looking bike and really does look like a mini Fireblade, more so even than the CBR500r.

Hopefully Honda gets their act together and releases it soon, otherwise there will be a lot of ground to make up for big red, especially if Yamaha get their R3 out before the CBR3.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Websites and such are pointing to fall of this year as the expected release day. Perhaps earlier in the US, as opposed to Canada. Not sure how Australia fits in to the whole schedule. Are you going to be getting rid of your Ninja 300 soon in favor of a new bike, or are you just thinking of adding the CBR300 to your collection?

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure how Australia fits in to the whole schedule.
At first it was going to be April, now its been pushed back to July I think. We'll see.

Are you going to be getting rid of your Ninja 300 soon in favor of a new bike, or are you just thinking of adding the CBR300 to your collection?
Probably neither... unless it turns out to have better performance than my N300. I do prefer the look of the CBR300 though. But if I move on from my Ninja, I'll probably go up to a bigger bike, like the CBR650f which ticks a lot of my boxes.

And welcome to the forum!
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome to the sow Red Hat! You know what I'm hoping for... CBR300RR... that would be LOVERLYYYYY
Thanks. Yeah, I'd buy a sub-400cc, modern, inline 4 (or maybe even a 3cyl) sportbike with modern features (e.g. ABS) in a heartbeat... It's a shame that the era of the small displacement I4s was gone with the 90s.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
... Probably neither... unless it turns out to have better performance than my N300. I do prefer the look of the CBR300 though. But if I move on from my Ninja, I'll probably go up to a bigger bike, like the CBR650f which ticks a lot of my boxes...
Your Ninja 300 will still have a slightly higher top speed than the CBR300R. On the other hand, the Honda CBR300R with it's great low & mid-range torque will make for a better all around, everyday bike for most riders, IMO. That's why I bought a CBR250R over the Ninja 250... it's a just more user friendly power band, and is better suited to the way most people ride on public roads. That said, the Kawasaki Ninja 250's do make for very quick track bikes in the hands of an experienced racer.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Your Ninja 300 will still have a slightly higher top speed than the CBR300R. On the other hand, the Honda CBR300R with it's great low & mid-range torque will make for a better all around, everyday bike for most riders, IMO. That's why I bought a CBR250R over the Ninja 250... it's a just more user friendly power band, and is better suited to the way most people ride on public roads. That said, the Kawasaki Ninja 250's do make for very quick track bikes in the hands of an experienced racer.
I've heard the N300 is geared really down low to the point where its more than useable without ever coming near the top...

Latest on Honda CBR300R - Page 3 - ADVrider

You could ride the bike and make really good power and never rev it over halfway which is 6.5-7grand. It makes good power much lower down now. Sure it starts kicking you in the backside over 8 grand but the only reason to take it to the upper reaches it just because it's so fun. Not because you have to ring it's neck to get it to move. The way it's geared from Kawi is crazy low so it's ready to go from the second you let out the clutch.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm liking this, when it comes to where I will ride it, how often and how I will be riding it, this is good news to me

·
Registered
162 Posts
@Cropper I'm confused by that last quote. Is it talking about the Kawasaki Ninja 300 or the CBR 300?

I'm happy with a bike that has good power in the low range. it's more about just feeling that power underneath you, not really pushing the bike to its limits (although that can be fun too.) The Kawasaki sounds like it might be a bit too eager to get into its higher gears from the get-go.

·
Registered
707 Posts
@Cropper I'm confused by that last quote. Is it talking about the Kawasaki Ninja 300 or the CBR 300?

I'm happy with a bike that has good power in the low range. it's more about just feeling that power underneath you, not really pushing the bike to its limits (although that can be fun too.) The Kawasaki sounds like it might be a bit too eager to get into its higher gears from the get-go.
Yup, i don't mind going WOT at times but more low end power is also really good to have.

·
Registered
528 Posts
you still need to rev it up if you want to get it really going

but the ninja 300 does have pretty good torque for a small engine

1 - 20 of 24 Posts