Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding and noticed my temp gauge is maxed out not sure if its normal or not also was leaking a small bit of coolant do to a loose bolt on the thermostat housing tightened it up got plenty of coolant in it and its still running high is this normal

·
Registered
341 Posts
How much coolant did you add?? And where did you add the coolant?? In the overflow reservoir, or at the radiator? It's possible the system was low enough to allow air into the system when you added coolant. If so, you'll need to purge the air out before the cooling system will operate properly.
Let the engine cool down... Remove the radiator cap, and check the coolant level. Top it off.. reapply the radiator cap... and run the engine long enough to circulate the coolant... When the engine's cool again, recheck and do the same as before. It could take several attempts.. so don't get discouraged.. or in a hurry to burn yourself with hot coolant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt have a major leak I noticed a few drops on the engine amd seen it was droping from the thermostat housing im thinking it's the thermostat thats causing it to run hot the radiator fan kicks on

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update it was indeed low on coolant causing it to over heat but I do have a small leak coming from the thermostat housing hoping its the gasket still dont have my thermostat yet so wont know until I do

·
Registered
341 Posts
"A Horse! A Horse! My Kingdom for a Horse!" A small defect causes a major problem.
Good on your part. (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts