Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations on a high visibility with reflective material + waterproof backpack? After much research, I found Icon makes a couple, but they have bad reviews. Apparently the material comes apart at the seams with some use. I currently have a high-vis jacket but wear a black backpack. Amazon carries a few but I didn't see any opinions from motorcyclists. It would be nice to have a motorcycle specific high-vis backpack able to carry a laptop, lunch, and various other gadgets in relative comfort. Being on the west coast of the USA I ride all year long.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Great topic.

Hope I don't get flamed, but I use a cheap Swiss Army backpack which is bright yellow on majority of the front with some thin reflective strips as part of the construction. I've been using it since the time I was riding my bicycle to work several months ago and well before my motorcycle. Although it's not motorcycle specific, it has served me well with carrying my lap top when needed, lunch, extra clothes, work files / papers, etc. Bought it for like $20 - $30. Of course, you get what you pay for, and now it's starting to rip a little... But I've gotten good use out of it too.

I'm going to start looking out for a motorcycle specific backpack as well... If no luck there, I may likely settle for a JanSport backpack... Those are built solid and I had a good experience when I used one for school in my younger days.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you get flamed? Anything reflective is very effective at night. I have reflective piping on my leather jacket and it makes a huge difference at night. JanSport and other brands have some great backpacks but I am interested in some solid reflective material. We can't be the only ones looking for this type of bags. I am surprised there are hardly any selection out there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kriega makes great backpacks for motorcycles. Solid construction, comfortable fit, long warranties

Not super high vis though, and only certain models are stock waterproof (can buy waterproof liners for others). But they are great motorcycle packs designed for that purpose, so I thought I'd mention it

I use mine daily (and in the Washington rain)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Why would you get flamed? Anything reflective is very effective at night. I have reflective piping on my leather jacket and it makes a huge difference at night. JanSport and other brands have some great backpacks but I am interested in some solid reflective material. We can't be the only ones looking for this type of bags. I am surprised there are hardly any selection out there.
I only say that because it's not motorcycle specific, and I don't know if reactions would consist of many frowns... Oh well, the backpack works for me so that's good. :)

What about searching on Amazon or eBay? I typed in "Reflective and Waterproof Backpacks"... And a good selection came up.

Maybe even searching for cycling backpacks which meet the requirements...

A lot of them may not be motorcycle specific, so one may have to be creative in using the search.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at the Kriega and they are expensive! They sure do seem functional though. Yes, I did search eBay and Amazon and found several great looking packs. I was just gathering a second opinion from bikers before rolling the dice on an online purchase. The online selections although come highly rated are poorly rated by bikers. The search continues...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use a Nike lacrosse bookbag that has 3m stitching on the zipper lines and bottom. I also bought a bottle of water-resistant spray for sneakers. Did about 3-4 solid coats on the entire bookbag and have ridden in some really bad Florida storms. Nothing on the inside has ever gotten wet. Cheap solution and that spray can be used on almost anything! Just find a bag you like and boom done.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Anyone bought a nice backpack lately that they like?
I was looking at a few (Astars Lite backpack, Motocentric Centrek backpack...) and figured I would ask you all before I made a decision.
I like that Halostrip too...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I went ahead and got the AlpineStars Lite bag in Gray/Blue. Ill write up a review when I put it to the test next weekend as I travel up the road 3 hours to see a friend for a few days.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lightmode is really expensive for what it is. EL Wire with adhesive. The same EL Wire is sold on eBay and even the same battery compartment can be purchased for less than a cheeseburger combo.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm a big JanSport fan since my early childhood days. I'm very picky about my options, but I recently ordered the Fox Hole model which runs $50 + tax and free shipping. I picked one up in gray tar. I absolutely love it thus far - very aggressive looking, great build / construction, fair price, holds everything very well, and feels great when riding with it all the time.

Fox Hole Backpack | Laptop Backpacks | JanSport Online

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
I'm a big JanSport fan since my early childhood days. I'm very picky about my options, but I recently ordered the Fox Hole model which runs $50 + tax and free shipping. I picked one up in gray tar. I absolutely love it thus far - very aggressive looking, great build / construction, fair price, holds everything very well, and feels great when riding with it all the time.

Fox Hole Backpack | Laptop Backpacks | JanSport Online
If I use a backpack I strap it to the carrier/back seat. A mate of mine had an off wearing a backpack and got injured whilst wearing it.

Reactions: Fanatic
1 - 16 of 16 Posts