Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... Congratulations to everyone who own the 300R. I'm still waiting for the launch here in India. Such a shame really that Honda delayed the launch here and still no dates yet :(

I own a CBF 150 for 8 years now. It's a commuter bike. Basically a CRF150F engine. I have only sparingly used it over the past 4 years. So eager to get my hands on the 300R. Just have to wait it out I guess :serious:

Nice to read all the ownership stories here :)

Come on Honda! Thailand is like just 3 hrs away from here... Bring it here already :p

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
Thats not cool, I just assumed you guys had it already. I remember feeling frustrated when it was released in Australia (again, only 3 hrs away) a couple of months before we got it here in NZ. Hope your wait is a short one.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sorry to hear. Wondering as to why the delay from Honda... :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
The CBR300R is only being built in Thailand.

Honda cut it's ties with HERO Motocorp in India, which from what I understand is where the Indian CBR250R's were produced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats not cool, I just assumed you guys had it already. I remember feeling frustrated when it was released in Australia (again, only 3 hrs away) a couple of months before we got it here in NZ. Hope your wait is a short one.
Well, it's frustrating but obviously distance is not the reason here. Maybe something else.

Sorry to hear. Wondering as to why the delay from Honda... :confused:
Often times the Indian market has to do with production. Do we know if they are building the CBR 300 domestically in India?
The CBR300R is only being built in Thailand.

Honda cut it's ties with HERO Motocorp in India, which from what I understand is where the Indian CBR250R's were produced.
Honda cut ties with Hero Motor in 2010 I believe and the 250R was launched in 2011. The global versions of 250R were produced by Thai Honda and the Indian and South American versions were produced by Honda Motors India. Honda has already stopped producing 250R in India by May or June 2014.

Thailand and elsewhere in the world the 300R is already launched made by Thai Honda. So I guess Honda will follow the same pattern and produce 300R for India and South America through the Honda Motors India. Just have to wait I guess now. The 250R is only selling like 50-75 nos. every month. They want to get rid of the inventory?? I dunno.

Last year Honda announced that it will start producing the CBR650 in India and has already laid the plant foundation. Expected 2016. Big commitment from Honda really.

·
Registered
1 Posts
idk why you are mad @ CB300R

Hi, why u r mad @ 300R, it is similar to CBR250 with extra 5 bhp. i owned CBR250, its a ok bike nothing great. for the price of CBR250(i.e 3400$) u can get KTM duke 390: 43BHP, enjoy it. honda needs CB500R to match it, idk how much price that will be. i wait for R3, benelli 300.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks Mike! :D

Hi, why u r mad @ 300R, it is similar to CBR250 with extra 5 bhp. i owned CBR250, its a ok bike nothing great. for the price of CBR250(i.e 3400$) u can get KTM duke 390: 43BHP, enjoy it. honda needs CB500R to match it, idk how much price that will be. i wait for R3, benelli 300.
Well, it's not just only about the bhp. There are plenty other things. I could go on and on. I have never ridden a sports bike before and for a beginner I think this meets all my requirements the best.

I think at 43 bhp you are talking about the RC390. Duke 390 is at 44 bhp. Both have the same engines but completely different characteristics.

Cheers!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Idk, given the quality problems with the Duke 125,200 and 390s regarding rim cracks from smallest potholes and frames cracking without even a fall being reported lately, maybe the Honda will be a safer bet given that the 250 was an astounding success in the Indian market.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Idk, given the quality problems with the Duke 125,200 and 390s regarding rim cracks from smallest potholes and frames cracking without even a fall being reported lately, maybe the Honda will be a safer bet given that the 250 was an astounding success in the Indian market.
Yea, I have seen and heard quite a few rim cracking stories. Reliability and refinement are 2 very important factors to me and Honda is way ahead compared to the KTM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts