Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda CB300F
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find anything aftermarket so I made one! It's a used pillion seat base, a 12x12 piece of aluminum diamond plate and some hardware. All in it was probably $40 including the seat from eBay. It's a little ghetto but oh well LOL at least I can carry stuff more securely now!

·
Registered
2015 Honda CB300F
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at those, but they were bigger than I needed. Thanks though!

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I looked at those, but they were bigger than I needed. Thanks though!
The rear rack Gromit is showing you is two separate pieces. The bottom piece is tubular steel, and is designed for use with bunge cords or a cargo net to secure gear. Whereas the top box is a separate piece, and is mainly intended for helmet storage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's not ghetto - that's classy... :) Meet ghetto rack, modified from a homemade steel tube rack that came with an old CBR250R that I had. It is ROCK SOLID and works a treat, using the aluminium grab bars as bike mounts, and supported with the cantilever principle and a couple of bolts in each side. Cost me nothing! A bit ugly, but mostly covered by the top box... and commonly, a coating of dust!

·
Registered
2015 Honda CB300F
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that! You can buy but sometimes it's more fun and satisfying to build! Even if it may not be as pretty lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like that! You can buy but sometimes it's more fun and satisfying to build! Even if it may not be as pretty lol.
It is indeed. My welding isn't beautiful, but I can stick steel together and it be strong, and I'm handy with a grinder...
The racks you buy out here in Thailand are commonly made of "toffee" and I have had two fail on me - not a fun experience with a full top box and a pillion. This beast is stronger than the bike - ugly indeed, but bomb proof and mostly hidden anyway! :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
It is indeed. My welding isn't beautiful, but I can stick steel together and it be strong, and I'm handy with a grinder...
I can't weld at all, so my hat's off to you. Give yourself more credit and dress up the description of your finished products to "Gorilla Welds".. not so pretty, but really strong. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts