Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Berk Engin

·
Registered
203 Posts
The headlight is pretty awesome.

This bike reminds me of the Yamaha FZ-09. The mirrors, headlight, and overall design.

No word on the engine in this thing though. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... No word on the engine in this thing though. Any ideas?
I'm sure this CX-01 Concept bike was built using a stock, off the shelf CBR250R engine and frame. The inverted forks look to be nearly identical to those used on the CRF250L. The VisorDown article references a number of "off the shelf" parts and components from other production bikes... the swing arm, the digital instrument, handle bar & controls, etc.

If Honda were to eventually produce an Adventure bike something along the lines of this CX-01, no doubt it would share the same 286cc motor from the CBR300R, and the rumored CB300F Naked bike... they might even call it the CB300X.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm sure this CX-01 Concept bike was built using a stock, off the shelf CBR250R engine and frame. The inverted forks look to be nearly identical to those used on the CRF250L. The VisorDown article references a number of "off the shelf" parts and components from other production bikes... the swing arm, the digital instrument, handle bar & controls, etc.

If Honda were to eventually produce an Adventure bike something along the lines of this CX-01, no doubt it would share the same 286cc motor from the CBR300R, and the rumored CB300F Naked bike... they might even call it the CB300X.
how big is this thing, its hard to guage from the pictures, Ive been trying to tell from tiresize vs knee height LOL. To behonest my first thought was an updated GROM, but considering thats so new my second thought became its a go between for the GROM and CBR250...

Or maybe its more of a CB125X as I believe that CBR125 is a relatively popular bike in SE Asia...

As of now I'm leaning towards much smaller than what an eventual CB300X would be...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
how big is this thing, its hard to guage from the pictures, Ive been trying to tell from tiresize vs knee height LOL. To behonest my first thought was an updated GROM, but considering thats so new my second thought became its a go between for the GROM and CBR250...

Or maybe its more of a CB125X as I believe that CBR125 is a relatively popular bike in SE Asia...

As of now I'm leaning towards much smaller than what an eventual CB300X would be...
I'm guessing that you didn't read the VisorDown article that was linked to in the opening post. Rest assured, this CX-01 is a full sized bike (certainly not Grom sized)... if you look at the third photo from the top in the opening post, you can clearly see that they started with a CBR250R frame & engine to build this concept/prototype.

A couple more photos, with people standing nearby for size reference...

Again, here you can clearly see the frame & engine... identical to the CBR250R.

In these photos, you can see that this CX-01 has Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires, same tire that the CB500X comes with from the factory. It also has the same 17" wheels from the CB500X.

Pirelli Scorpion Trail...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful tire, love the pattern it has going on. at least to me it looks good.
Some say that while the Pirelli Scorpion Trail's work pretty well on gravel roads and relatively smooth forest roads, they wear rather quickly on pavement.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess the scorpion trail is some sort of dual duty tire? light off roading ontop of regular pavement?
Yeah, they are considered to be 95% on road, 5% off road.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm guessing that you didn't read the VisorDown article that was linked to in the opening post. Rest assured, this CX-01 is a full sized bike (certainly not Grom sized)... if you look at the third photo from the top in the opening post, you can clearly see that they started with a CBR250R frame & engine to build this concept/prototype.

A couple more photos, with people standing nearby for size reference...

Again, here you can clearly see the frame & engine... identical to the CBR250R.

In these photos, you can see that this CX-01 has Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires, same tire that the CB500X comes with from the factory. It also has the same 17" wheels from the CB500X.

Pirelli Scorpion Trail...
Then you've guessed wrong! The Grom uses a CBR125 engine and its half the size... Its very easy for high powered engineers from honda to chop a frame to fit their build, this is a world class company at least I hope they can..:eek:
Not to mention the integra swing arm. Plus the forks look about as thick as dental floss.

This is previewing a bike thats going to go up against the FZ-S in developing markets. Its a concept bike remember, Guaranteed it will be the CB125X...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Then you've guessed wrong! The Grom uses a CBR125 engine and its half the size... Its very easy for high powered engineers from honda to chop a frame to fit their build, this is a world class company at least I hope they can..:eek:
Not to mention the integra swing arm. Plus the forks look about as thick as dental floss.

This is previewing a bike thats going to go up against the FZ-S in developing markets. Its a concept bike remember, Guaranteed it will be the CB125X...
Cropper... honestly, I don't know where you are coming up with this stuff, but suffice it to say that you have no clue as to what you're talking about with regards to this CX-01 Concept bike. Either that, or you are just blatantly trolling here in this thread.

First of all, I do know it's a concept bike... remember, I'm the one who started the thread? I also read the VisorDown article linked to in the opening post, as well as other articles on the bike. It seems pretty clear that you didn't read any of the articles regarding this bike, as your comments are just so far off base given what the media articles have reported.

Regarding the Intgra swing arm... the Integra is in fact a full sized, NC750 based bike, despite it's "scooter" appearance.

As for the Grom using a CBR125R engine, you might want to reconsider stating that as fact... the Grom engine is a classic Honda horizontal cylinder configuration, like the engines used on earlier Z50 Mini-Trail's, CT70's, ST & CT90's, CT110's, as well as the current Honda XR50's, XR70's, & XR110's.

Grom...

Grom Engine...

CBR125R (Engine and Box section frame)...

CBR250R Engine...

CBR250R (Engine and Tubular frame)...

CX-01 Concept Bike (Engine and Tubular Frame)...

Clearly, the CX-01 Concept bike was built using a CBR250R Engine and Frame as its basis. Anyone can see this is true.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like a very fun and practical bike, I hope the tank has descent range and still within 350lbs wet. I would prefer this over the CB500x which is a porker at 420lbs.

·
Registered
707 Posts
420 is heavy, can't wait for them to start using CF in the way car makers are but it's going to take a while for it to trickle down to bikes like this.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
420 is heavy, can't wait for them to start using CF in the way car makers are but it's going to take a while for it to trickle down to bikes like this.
Besides aftermarket Carbon Fiber bolt-ons, like exhausts, fenders, and a few other body parts, there really are not many applications for Carbon Fiber on a motorcycle. I think that CF will continue to be the domain of the motorcycle aftermarket/performance industry, and not the OEM's where bikes are designed and built for the masses to a price point.

And Carbon Fiber will continue to be expensive for the foreseeable future, due to the time consuming and highly involved process to manufacture it. Which is why you only see it used to any significant degree in high end sports cars, Formula One cars and Indy cars, and of course the aerospace industry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its Honda design, Yamaha FZ-09 is 849cc with 3 lungs and it comes in at 404lbs. Yamaha's WR250R vs CF250L, or YBR 250 is 304lbs vs CBR250R at 357lbs. I hope Yamaha will join the fight in the small displacement segment in NA soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts