Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went just across the street and picked up the 2016 Honda Canada Ride Guide with info on the 2016 models. I was quite surprised to find.....nothing. Nothing at all about the 2016 CBR 300 R and the 2016 CB 300 F.

Lots of info on the 2016 CBR 500 R/CB 500 F/CB 500 X and write ups vintage Honda CB 750 K (SOHC) and Touring machines.

A bit disappointed that our "300" s were over looked.:( Shame on you Honda.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Went just across the street and picked up the 2016 Honda Canada Ride Guide with info on the 2016 models. I was quite surprised to find.....nothing. Nothing at all about the 2016 CBR 300 R and the 2016 CB 300 F.

Lots of info on the 2016 CBR 500 R/CB 500 F/CB 500 X and write ups vintage Honda CB 750 K (SOHC) and Touring machines.

Same in the UK, the dealers have all other models brochure but nothing on the 300's. Was the same when I brought my bike last October. Had to go online to Honda UK to get all the info. Think I might bend their ear at the show next month.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please say something from me and bend BOTH ears...

Reactions: dsimmo

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
The NZ brochure had the 300's in it but to be fair I havent seen the 2016 edition.

Laurie do you live across the road from a Honda dealer?
That would sure cut down the travel time when you wanna go 'kick some tyres'. :D

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Actually yes lots of tire kicking..not directly across the street..my small sub-division is rectangular shaped and the main road runs parallel to the sub-division. The Honda PowerHouse Dealership is on that main road. (1 of 2 PowerHouse Dealerships in the Province) One reason I bought the 300 R is that Service is really close..:)

Carroll Bridgewater Honda | New Honda dealership in Bridgewater, NS B4V 2H2 (My house is on Westmount Heights)

http://www.vpike.com/?place=9+Westmount+Heights+Bridgewater+NS&submit=Street+View&r=e (My white car in driveway)

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Actually yes lots of tire kicking..not directly across the street..my small sub-division is rectangular shaped and the main road runs parallel to the sub-division. The Honda PowerHouse Dealership is on that main road. (1 of 2 PowerHouse Dealerships in the Province) One reason I bought the 300 R is that Service is really close..:)

Carroll Bridgewater Honda | New Honda dealership in Bridgewater, NS B4V 2H2 (My house is on Westmount Heights)

http://www.vpike.com/?place=9+Westmount+Heights+Bridgewater+NS&submit=Street+View&r=e (My white car in driveway)
Nice area, looks good for fishing as well. I have a 30mile ride to the coast (English Channel)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well the 300r was really only going to be a short lived bike and they will be stopping production on them this year. And there is talk here in Thailand that the cbr 250rr may start production at the end of March. But they don't know if it will have the 250 engine or the 350cc engine, so we will have to see.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well perhaps if "someone" buys a new 300 R/F leaves it in a crate for 20 Years...they may get their purchase investment back..:) Now there's money in the bank!

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts

Probably because the 300R/F models have not changed (aside from BNG) for 2016. Whereas the 500's have gotten a complete facelift for 2016, with all new bodywork.

Well the 300r was really only going to be a short lived bike and they will be stopping production on them this year. And there is talk here in Thailand that the cbr 250rr may start production at the end of March. But they don't know if it will have the 250 engine or the 350cc engine, so we will have to see.
Exactly... the CBR300R was really just a low cost, interim solution to buy Honda more R&D time for the development of a new model to compete with the R3 & Ninja 300.

It's easy to forget that the CBR300R is really just a CBR250R with updated bodywork and a crankshaft with an 8mm longer stroke.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Well perhaps if "someone" buys a new 300 R/F leaves it in a crate for 20 Years...they may get their purchase investment back..:) Now there's money in the bank!
I'd be willing to bet that 20 or 30 years from now, a stock CBR250R in mint condition will be worth more than a CBR300R in similar condition... the CBR250R would be considered by collectors as the original, classic design.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't regret buying my 300 because I think it's a fantastic looking bike. And I don't intend on selling it, I think it's still the best looking bike in its class.
Yup! So do I. The R3 is nice but there is something about it that I did not care for visually. The CBR 300 R IMHO looks much nicer...has better brakes too.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that 20 or 30 years from now, a stock CBR250R in mint condition will be worth more than a CBR300R in similar condition... the CBR250R would be considered by collectors as the original, classic design.
Hmmm.. interesting point. Is a Yamaha RD250 worth more than a 350?

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Hmmm.. interesting point. Is a Yamaha RD250 worth more than a 350?
The RD350 sells for more than the 250 in the UK as it is rarer.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not to start or get into a major discussion of opinion differences but far more CBR 250 R's have been purchased from 2011 to 2013 than CBR 300 R's. However I could be very well be incorrect ...it happens quite often.!

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Not to start or get into a major discussion of opinion differences but far more CBR 250 R's have been purchased from 2011 to 2013 than CBR 300 R's. However I could be very well be incorrect ...it happens quite often.!
You're right, far more 250R's have been sold. So yeah, rarity could very well become a factor. At the same time, of all those 250R's I wonder how many will be mint condition survivors in 20 - 30 years... so many have already been butchered & modded into frankenstein bikes, makes me think that a really clean mint example might just be about as rare as rocking horse sh!t.

Reactions: TheDocktor40

·
Registered
282 Posts
Possibly the difference in price between the 3 and 500 is not significant enough. Couple that with the egotistical nature of motorcycle buyers why have the 300 when for a few dollars more the 500 can be had?
Just wish the buying public could be a little more enlightened.
Mind you the 250 looks the "cats ass!"

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
autopilot...I assume you mean the current version (CBR 250 RR or 350 RR)???

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Good point Laurie, it appears the model run of the 300 is going to be shorter than the 250 so the rarity factor may play a part in it.

Oh.. that and the little fact that the 300 looks cooler! :devil::devil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts