Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This stuff is great for giving your bike's bodywork a quick shine when it isn't really dirty enough for a full on washing... works great on windscreens too.

A 12 oz. can is about $5.00 USD... Honda P/N 08732-SCP00

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
When I picked up both the new and recent bikes, my salesperson used this to help polish the residue on the tank after helping me remove the "warning" sticker(s). Worked like a charm, and he let me have a complimentary one to use when need be.

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
When I first got my bike I bought a can of this on Ebay. my dealer doesn't carry it, cost me about $15. It does work great, but now I use Mequirs Quick Detailer $6 a bottle and works great too.
Yikes, $15 is pricey. I don't use ebay for stuff like this, because the shipping is always crazy expensive. I usually order a can or two of this Spray Cleaner & Polish whenever I'm ordering oil filters, gaskets, and other maintenance stuff & random parts for my bikes. I don't have a Honda dealer near to where I live (closest is 60 miles away), so I get my OEM parts from one of the online Honda dealers... one I order from a lot is Partzilla.com. They only charge a flat rate of $6 for shipping on order totals up to $60 USD. For bigger parts orders I use HondaEastToledo, as they have free shipping on orders totaling $100 USD or more. Both of these dealers have about the same discounted prices for OEM Honda parts, typically about 30 to 35% off Honda's MSRP.

But I'm surprised your Honda dealer doesn't carry it in stock. I don't think I've ever been in a Honda dealership that doesn't stock the full line of ProHonda chemicals & oils, etc. After the Service department, it's the Parts & Accessories department where dealers make their money.

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
96 Posts
have to see if they carry the Honda product next stop at the dealer?

I use Megs Ultimate Detailer autos & bikes both for quick waterless cleaning

ride safe

Reactions: mikal and Fanatic

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I just got some spray wax 'Barrett Jackson'. You spray it really good and lightly wipe in circular motions with a microfiber cloth, then use another dry microfiber cloth and lightly wipe it dry. You do not wait for it to haze and you can apply multiple coats at 1 time. I did about 3 coats and the bike shines better than new! Totally covers up all the very tiny swirl marks. Best thing is it doesn't turn white on the black parts. I use Armorall on all the black trim. I'm a bit obsessive when I clean my rides tho. I use q-tips to clean around the engine and all underneath lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts