Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the factory tail bag today. I have to admit when I took it out of the packing I was not impressed, however, when installed I like it much more. Will be nice to have for the daily drive.

Holds my rain gear, fuel bottle and extra gloves. And that was without me packing it very well :laugh:

Really liking the bike. Got a few more miles in today before the weather tanks again :(

Peter

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will probably not carry the fuel bottle once I develop some trust with the bike. So far, the mileage has been 50 MPG :(

HAd to use the built in rain cover on the tail bag today. I really liked it!

Still really enjoying the ride!

Peter

·
Registered
295 Posts
Before clicking on this thread and looking at this thread title, i didn't think i'd be really impressed with the bag since i almost never like having any top bags or boxes, but this one is really nice.

Were there any other bags you were looking into before going for this one?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Good to know.
Just curious but I noticed you said you didn't pack it well... say if you did, how much extra space you think there would be?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to know.
Just curious but I noticed you said you didn't pack it well... say if you did, how much extra space you think there would be?
It is stated to hold 19L. Compressing the rain gear and ditching the fuel bottle would allow a nice pack for a weekend "travel light" , stay at a motel trip. YMMV
;)

I would like to get one.I see there on ebay for
Honda Racing for 109.00.
About what I got through the dealer with the discount. As mentioned, I'm pleased with it thus far.

Peter

·
Registered
295 Posts
It is stated to hold 19L. Compressing the rain gear and ditching the fuel bottle would allow a nice pack for a weekend "travel light" , stay at a motel trip. YMMV
;)

Peter
Nice way to put it

Should we assume that once you feel confident enough to do without the fuel bottle that some weekend travel report will show up here? ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice way to put it

Should we assume that once you feel confident enough to do without the fuel bottle that some weekend travel report will show up here? ;)

I have scheduled the last week of March off. If a whole bunch of things line up, I hope to ride to florida and catch a spring training Base Ball game.:D Should that happen and being spring, I would wear my Klim riding pants and Fly jacket so i could ditch the rain gear. The fuel bottle is just an old habit from getting waaaay too deep in some single track and woods with the Super Sherpa and TW200 (tiny tank bikes). This would be a nearly 1K + round trip but it would be on Hwy 17, US 1 and US 301 so I should not get hung out on fuel. I still need to get more miles on the bike and see if the MPG improves. Crappy weather this week, and next week looks soggy. If the trip happens I'll post up :)

Peter

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice! Compact and does the job. Curious though, 50 MPG, guessing the motor has not been broken in yet?

Great pic, gracias!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peter,
You said you had a Super Sherpa. I own one too. How would you compare it to the Cb300f?

I'm thinking about buying the Cb300f but don't know if it's much different than Sherpa on the road / highway. I'd appreciate your insights. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Peter,
You said you had a Super Sherpa. I own one too. How would you compare it to the Cb300f?

I'm thinking about buying the Cb300f but don't know if it's much different than Sherpa on the road / highway. I'd appreciate your insights. Thanks!

I loved my little Sherpa! I still miss it (like all the bikes I sold). The one big drawback for me with the Sherpa was my commute. It would not get to or hold a comfortable 60-65 MPH that I need for a large hunk of my driving. Now for the rest:

CB300F is...
More comfortable
Longer fuel range (tank/engine combination)
Smoother running
Less Buzzy
Better acceleration, but different power band
Better headlight
Easier starting (yes, I rejetted the Sherpa)

I think it is a significant change in type of ride, if not size. The CB300F will never be as good at single track exploration as the Sherpa; I acccept that trade off.

I have no regrets with the weebee. But then again, I just like motorcycles :laugh:

Peter

·
Registered
295 Posts
How comfortable the CB300F is, is one of my favorite things about it.
When I originally had the opportunity to sit on one, it was the first thing I noticed and what continued to be one of my favorite things about it, especially as I have lengthy daily riding to do.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
How comfortable the CB300F is, is one of my favorite things about it.
When I originally had the opportunity to sit on one, it was the first thing I noticed and what continued to be one of my favorite things about it, especially as I have lengthy daily riding to do.
I dunno if the seat on the 300R is the same as the F but it would have to be one of the best seats Ive come across on a sports bike. I don't have a lot of padding on my bum (think horse jockey!) so generally this is an issue for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts