Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda is going to begin expanding into Bangladesh in 2014. Bangladesh Honda Private Limited (BHL) was opened as a join venture operator and has started production of the CD80 motorcycle in October 2013.

The new market will offer 6 bikes, but right now only 2 are known: the locally produced CD80 and the Indian-made Dream Neo. Do you think that the CBR 300 could be one of the unknown 4?

Bangladesh is a huge market for motorcycles. The country has 150 million people, and last year (2012) sold 200,000 motorcycles.

·
Registered
707 Posts
the CBR300 could just be it, tough to say but I have a feeling the CBR300 will be more of a world bike than the outgoing CBR250

·
Registered
532 Posts
CBR300 in bangledesh would be a top of the range motorcycle, from what I've read they prefer sub 250's there like most nations that part of the world.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
For the longest time smaller displacement motorcycles have been ruling in most parts of Asia. to further expand in to the south wouldn't be a bad idea. the sooner the better I bet that Honda is not the only one going this route.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I believe Yamaha also wants to expand into nations like that with higher performing bikes, if they do that you can bet honda will follow

·
Registered
532 Posts
yea but they would have to go in with the CBR250, 1/4 liters have crazy insurance and tax exemptions, plus they have a graduated licencing system which takes much longer to get through then our NA rules where you can hop on a liter bike the day you get your permit if one so desires..

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree that smaller displacement bikes make the most sense but they will probably offer at least one high displacement bike for big spenders. Would the bikes just be different types at small displacement, or is there enough room to make 6 different different displacemnt small bikes. I think not.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm sure there are already lots of other manufacturers selling motorcycles in bangladesh.

seems like motorcycles is all they use there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure you can't sell bikes for too much in Bangladesh though. I feel like most people there have no where near enough money to buy a bike. Companies must decide what bikes to send to Bangladesh base mostly on how cheap they can keep the price. I feel like Bangladesh would get the CBR250 before it gets the CBR300.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm sure you can't sell bikes for too much in Bangladesh though. I feel like most people there have no where near enough money to buy a bike. Companies must decide what bikes to send to Bangladesh base mostly on how cheap they can keep the price. I feel like Bangladesh would get the CBR250 before it gets the CBR300.
likely it will be a small percentage of people that can actually afford it and not the masses, not like north america.

·
Registered
528 Posts
and i dont think they will offer the cbr300
looking at the two they are offering right now.. it seems like it'll be very low displacement bikes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts