Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda's latest bike on the scene is the NM4 Vultus. It has some pretty extreme styling, evoking images on Batbikes past. Honda says that is took anime and manga as the starting point for design of the bike though.

It runs on a 745cc twin-cylinder engine with a low center of gravity that delivers a "strong low and mid-range power and torque." It produces 54bhp and 50lb-ft of torque. It is also supposed to be pretty efficient with Honda saying it will go 185 miles on a 11.6-litre tank.

The bike weighs just 245kg, which puts its power-to-weight ratio at 225bhp per tonne. That's a pretty good ratio I'm told.

Not really anything like the CBR300 though. :p

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
In a word... fugly. I think I'll pass.

Reactions: tperraut

·
Registered
532 Posts
looks like its based on a CTX? or maybe an NC?? I was reading about this DCT gearbox, some rambling about hondas vision of the future of sports bikes. Looks like a cruiser riding style with your feet way out front...

·
Registered
707 Posts
This is one ugly bike. In the first shot it looked OKAY, but as you get to the side profile, you see how ugly it really is

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that it looks better from the side than from the front, but the huge exhaust pipe is pretty garish IMO.

It almost looks like a crappy concept bike. They should have gone further and made a concept, and then done this bike a bit toned down for the production version.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Looking at it from the side makes me think that this look would look better on a bigger bike with more going on in the rear.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looking at it from the side makes me think that this look would look better on a bigger bike with more going on in the rear.
The NM4 Vultus already looks like a pretty big bike. I don't think just making it bigger would make it look better. I think that this bike could do well if Honda has the right advertising campaign to go with it. I think that seeing what's Honda's idea of this bike is might make people understand it more. Right now it kinda seems like it's coming out of left field.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, he would have to add some machine guns to the sides, but the Vultus looks like it could handle it.

I eagerly await the marketing material for this. I want to know who the target demo is, and where it will be sold. I'm having a pretty hard time comprehending what this bike is trying to be.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Honda says their target market for the Vultus is the young social media urbanite. Well not for anything but I fit in the target demo, I'm young and I'm an urbanite 9healthy disdain for social media however) I just don't see how that target market is going to identify with this at all. To me it resembles a mutant CBR1000 mating with a Gold Wing...

hehehhhh...

Who do you guys think the real target for this bike is, well not REAL, but who will actually buy the bike???

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I understand that it will be test marketed first in Gotham City. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
It would seem that the Vultus is a variation on a theme...

Honda NC750 Integra...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Do you think that the Vultus will look something more like this when it goes from concept to production?
I dont think the Vultus is changing at all for production..

I still cant believe how fast Honda turned around from concept to production with the Vultus. They must of been overwhelmed with offers at the Osaka show or something, cause really it went from concept to officially official with its on page on powersports.honda within the week...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thats what I noticed ever since they showed it on the website like this, in a way this is good for some and bad for others.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I dont think the Vultus is changing at all for production..

I still cant believe how fast Honda turned around from concept to production with the Vultus. They must of been overwhelmed with offers at the Osaka show or something, cause really it went from concept to officially official with its on page on powersports.honda within the week...
It wasn't shown as a concept bike, but rather as a forthcoming production bike.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts