Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, well yesterday afternoon actually I fitted a pair of Oxford Hot Grips to my CBR.
Apart from the initial wiring up test they have remained in the off position on my daily commute. Typical if I had left it till the weekend you can bet the weather would have been colder than a Polar Bears Ar, Foot.:angel:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mark The wiring was a piece of cake. These new intelligent Hot Grips have a built in sensor which turns the grips off if left accidentally on when parked up. Which means no more splicing into the wiring loom to have them wired through the ignition. Routing the wires was Ok also. However the fitting of the throttle grip is a ***** and so is undoing the bar end weights this alone took longer than the rest of the operation put together.:nerd:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Over the weekend I winterised my bike. No not laid it up as some of our colonial cousins do. But as the local councils still insist on spreading salt, sand and molasses on the highways and byways I have protected my bike with ACF50. I have ruined too many bikes by riding them through the winter and have used many products that claim to protect.
Also today in the fog I used the grips for the first time. Only got to 40% on the heat setting which was nice and toasty. So with the remainder to go my hands should be still in the I can feel my fingers zone when I get off again.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Over the weekend I winterised my bike. No not laid it up as some of our colonial cousins do. But as the local councils still insist on spreading salt, sand and molasses on the highways and byways I have protected my bike with ACF50. I have ruined too many bikes by riding them through the winter and have used many products that claim to protect.
Also today in the fog I used the grips for the first time. Only got to 40% on the heat setting which was nice and toasty. So with the remainder to go my hands should be still in the I can feel my fingers zone when I get off again.
ACF50 is great stuff, my bikes have it on them all year round, looks a bit dirty through winter but when cleaned off theirs no rust. I'm still in summer gloves but the muffs may be going on in the next few weeks.I also ran a hose to the front of my house so if i ride through some heavy salted roads after rain I can give it a quick rinse before it goes in the garage.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I put the bikes away except for perhaps 1 when the roads are salted. The salt ruins bikes :( . Not used ACF50 as I like to keep my bikes looking shiny :) . It's quite mild for November, so hopefully there will be no salt on the roads for a few weeks yet......

Sounds as though heated grips have improved over the years. I always preferred heated gloves.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have done the same and WOW they work pretty well. The power feature is set to detect noise in the electrical system. When no noise is present or voltage drop occurs they will remain on but provide no heat. This can be disabled by hold the + and - down until the energy saver light is off. You may have to file or sand down the OEM throttle tube like I did to get a easy fit without damaging the HOTGRIPZ .

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts