Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more miles I put on the cb300f the more I genuinely enjoy riding the little thumper. It does have some quirks. The newest one that popped up is the seat gets fairly warm on some longer rides. I can't figure out why it would be happening I don't see anything that should be directly heating the seat and the fuel tank is cool to the touch. Anyone else have this happen or any ideas as to what it could be ?

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
There's nothing that would be causing the seat to become warm. The black vinyl itself can be pretty warm in the summer heat, but that's to be expected. What do wear for riding pants? Different kinds of materials can transfer more heat than what other materials do.

Reactions: Fredneck45

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I normally wear jeans i guess that could be getting it warm But it was 55F up here in Northern Wisconsin. I havent ever noticed it before but that does make sense.
ill absoluteley have to cut back on the beans haha

·
Registered
151 Posts
It wasn't until I had been riding for a while that I noticed the cooling fan blowing hot air onto my legs, maybe like me your only noticing it now?

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
It wasn't until I had been riding for a while that I noticed the cooling fan blowing hot air onto my legs, maybe like me your only noticing it now?
OMG we dream of hot air on the legs over here in the South Island :D
In nearly two years of CBR ownership my cooling fan has NEVER kicked in!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only way to fix this is ice down the pants... Replace every 10 mins... Or you could just remove the pants... Let us know how you go.

Nothing there should be radiating heat OP.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Seat warmers come standard on the 300... Duh... :cool:

Ha! :p

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
unless your pelvic floor and glutes cover the seat
front to back, easy to reposition the seat warmers
frontward and/or rearward, to let airflow cool it,
also allow thighs to move away from seat/tank
for more access to cooling airflows..

ie, move around a bit now and then..

if it bothers you, stand up on the pegs a while,
which will allow full cooling airflow in there..

hardly likely, but still lifting seat to check
wouldnt hurt, in case of some unusual
battery/electrical activity, or aliens..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts