Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a 2015 Honda CBR300R Tag Eliminator Kit
CBR300R Fender Eliminator 2015 | Hot Bodies Racing

and got:

2011 Honda CBR 250R
Tag Bracket
Hotbodies Racing

1. Install Instructions:
- Have been photocopied a few too many times, pictures are practically black.

2. Fit & Finish
- To be brutally honest, if this kit was visible 100%, I would put the stock tail back on. But since it is installed on the underside and you need to bend over to see the gaps, it's livable.

- Bolt on kit, not exactly This kit was not made for the 300r. It has a different bolt pattern than the 250. I had to line up & drill a new mounting hole and go purchase my own stainless hardware to mount. (rear bolt/license plate mount). None of this was mentioned in the instructions it was all bolt & play.

- Finish: ordered textured black, does not match the bike identically, atleast it is a hidden part.

- Fit: Expected a better seal instead of a 1/8"-1/4" gap at the rear of the tail.
As seen in the pictures I need to physically pull the tail down in order to snap all my plastics back together.

3. License Plate Light :
- Due to this assembly being made for a 250R which has a different bolt pattern in the rear, I had to trim the light mount down (was hitting the top abs cover piece when trying to close install) and also had to ensure my mounting bolt/hole lined up correctly so light sits in proper spot.

4. Signals:
- Ordered an Integrated Taillight, have no input on the factory signals & wiring. Appears the kit came with the adapter and holes pre-drilled to run wires. (Integrated taillight not installed, still in transit)

5. License Plate:
- In order to install the license plate, this has to be done PRIOR to installation of the eliminator. I understand why they did it this way, but under my circumstances where the bike is not plated until the summer, this will make it a PAIN in the arse to do after.
I JB welded the nuts inside of the interior of the eliminator to allow myself to bolt on the license plate without removing the whole assembly.

Overall Review:

If you are not mechanically inclined, I would not suggest purchasing this kit at ALL. I got a little frustrated in having to drill a new hole in a brand new bike. The kit is livable and does what it says though.

Am I still in the market for another eliminator kit: Simple answer is YES. I am not 100% convinced by this kit, for less than $80 it's not a huge loss.

Any questions just ask!

Merry Christmas Everyone, Keep it between the lines!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Now that is really disappointing... I would call and state my case for a price reduction.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I do not know whether he would be able to get a refund or not being that the item has (I think) been trimmed and installed. That is why I mention a price reduction. Best thing is to call...complain..and find out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not know whether he would be able to get a refund or not being that the item has (I think) been trimmed and installed. That is why I mention a price reduction. Best thing is to call...complain..and find out.
I've already wrote an honest review on their website. Was not ignorant or rude, just honest about it.
I've emailed them already.
Going to wait until after the holidays to call, atleast this way they know.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
I had similar issues swapping my old 250R eliminator onto my 300R but at least i knew it was off a 250R so wasn't so bummed.
Like yourself I had the tools and know how to deal with the issues luckily.

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put on a Yoshi. It is pathetic too - instructions and a few poor hardware bits. Two bolts not long enough (underside), miserable crimp splices for the new plate light wiring and you have to clip the wires off the stock plate lite. All that money and they could not have a connector? When done, to mount license plate, the same 4 bolts & nuts are also used to attach the whole plate holder to the bike. It can be done, looks great, but don't expect to reverse engineer within several hours. I wish I had had a Honda workshop manual for the disassembly of the standard parts. Near impossible access for tools and hidden fasteners not mentioned in the original instructions nor in the "better" instructions faxed to us. Just not a tested product so maybe they are busy composing steps that actually work (eternal optimist).

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's disappointing but good to know. Maybe one of these days true 300 fenders will start to pop up and not just repackaged 250s.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I put on a Yoshi. It is pathetic too - instructions and a few poor hardware bits. Two bolts not long enough (underside), miserable crimp splices for the new plate light wiring and you have to clip the wires off the stock plate lite. All that money and they could not have a connector? When done, to mount license plate, the same 4 bolts & nuts are also used to attach the whole plate holder to the bike. It can be done, looks great, but don't expect to reverse engineer within several hours. I wish I had had a Honda workshop manual for the disassembly of the standard parts. Near impossible access for tools and hidden fasteners not mentioned in the original instructions nor in the "better" instructions faxed to us. Just not a tested product so maybe they are busy composing steps that actually work (eternal optimist).
yup exactly same **** I had with the yosh

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is a whole new field for me dealing with bikes, basically everything you touch is plastic.
This snaps here, pushes forward to pop out here, etc.

I'm not new to tearing anything apart believe me, just not doing anything to extensive on this bike, just want to make it look cleaner.

Next thing to look at is a set of clip-ons I think.
Most of the traveling I will be doing is highway 80km/hr+, so a lower riding position will definitely benefit I think.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Perhaps Kiwi (Al) can step in here and give you some tips..His bike is modded extensively.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Ordered a 2015 Honda CBR300R Tag Eliminator Kit
CBR300R Fender Eliminator 2015 | Hot Bodies Racing

and got:

2011 Honda CBR 250R
Tag Bracket
Hotbodies Racing

1. Install Instructions:
- Have been photocopied a few too many times, pictures are practically black.

2. Fit & Finish
- To be brutally honest, if this kit was visible 100%, I would put the stock tail back on. But since it is installed on the underside and you need to bend over to see the gaps, it's livable.

- Bolt on kit, not exactly This kit was not made for the 300r. It has a different bolt pattern than the 250. I had to line up & drill a new mounting hole and go purchase my own stainless hardware to mount. (rear bolt/license plate mount). None of this was mentioned in the instructions it was all bolt & play.

- Finish: ordered textured black, does not match the bike identically, atleast it is a hidden part.

- Fit: Expected a better seal instead of a 1/8"-1/4" gap at the rear of the tail.
As seen in the pictures I need to physically pull the tail down in order to snap all my plastics back together.

3. License Plate Light :
- Due to this assembly being made for a 250R which has a different bolt pattern in the rear, I had to trim the light mount down (was hitting the top abs cover piece when trying to close install) and also had to ensure my mounting bolt/hole lined up correctly so light sits in proper spot.

4. Signals:
- Ordered an Integrated Taillight, have no input on the factory signals & wiring. Appears the kit came with the adapter and holes pre-drilled to run wires. (Integrated taillight not installed, still in transit)

5. License Plate:
- In order to install the license plate, this has to be done PRIOR to installation of the eliminator. I understand why they did it this way, but under my circumstances where the bike is not plated until the summer, this will make it a PAIN in the arse to do after.
I JB welded the nuts inside of the interior of the eliminator to allow myself to bolt on the license plate without removing the whole assembly.

Overall Review:

If you are not mechanically inclined, I would not suggest purchasing this kit at ALL. I got a little frustrated in having to drill a new hole in a brand new bike. The kit is livable and does what it says though.

Am I still in the market for another eliminator kit: Simple answer is YES. I am not 100% convinced by this kit, for less than $80 it's not a huge loss.

Any questions just ask!

Merry Christmas Everyone, Keep it between the lines!
One of the very first things I did (after my exhaust) is install the Hotbodies fender eliminator. I don't remember if it said 250r or not. But I had absolutely zero issues installing it. I have the clear integrated tail light. I simply drilled 2 holes on the inside of where the license plate bolts on so you can slide the bolt through and put a nut inside the hole..change the plate anytime you want. I have no gaps like your photos show and am very pleased with it. I would consider my bike a show bike, as it's totally flawless.

Also, not sure if they are the same part, as hot-bodies does not give part #'s for this but on their website here they show the fender eliminator kit for the 250r and another kit sold separately for the 300r. Might be the same kit inside, but they do list them separately
http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/product-category/parts-accessories/undertails/honda-undertails/

I see your bike is basically brand new? I think you might be expecting too much from these cheap chinese aftermarket parts lol. Almost every single part I have put on (which is A LOT) has had to be customized in some way. Metal parts cut, metal filed down, a lil superglue here n there. Just have to be creative a lot, these companies don't like changing their entire manufacturing line just for minor differences between years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of the very first things I did (after my exhaust) is install the Hotbodies fender eliminator. I don't remember if it said 250r or not. But I had absolutely zero issues installing it. I have the clear integrated tail light. I simply drilled 2 holes on the inside of where the license plate bolts on so you can slide the bolt through and put a nut inside the hole..change the plate anytime you want. I have no gaps like your photos show and am very pleased with it. I would consider my bike a show bike, as it's totally flawless.

Also, not sure if they are the same part, as hot-bodies does not give part #'s for this but on their website here they show the fender eliminator kit for the 250r and another kit sold separately for the 300r. Might be the same kit inside, but they do list them separately
Honda Archives - Hotbodiesracing.com

I see your bike is basically brand new? I think you might be expecting too much from these cheap chinese aftermarket parts lol. Almost every single part I have put on (which is A LOT) has had to be customized in some way. Metal parts cut, metal filed down, a lil superglue here n there. Just have to be creative a lot, these companies don't like changing their entire manufacturing line just for minor differences between years.
I just expected more I guess, shouldn't have to modify a part specifically designed for that bike. But like you said, I think I just expected too much from Chinese Parts. Once my integrated tail light is in, and I start closing it up I'll have to spend some tlc back there to clean it up.

Not in the market to spend a few grand on this bike, rather drop it into my truck.
For now I just want to make it differ from everyone else & enjoy the road once all this snow goes away.

Parts on order/Installed:
Integrated Led Tail
Shorty Clutch/Brake Levers
35W 8K Hids (Highs are still halogen)
Wheel Decals (still not convinced on them yet, maybe once they get dirty)

Possible next purchase:
Vortex Clip On Bars

This is a small forum compared to my ramforumz, should be nice getting to know some of you guys (and gals).

Cheers, Happy New Year Everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I just expected more I guess, shouldn't have to modify a part specifically designed for that bike. But like you said, I think I just expected too much from Chinese Parts. Once my integrated tail light is in, and I start closing it up I'll have to spend some tlc back there to clean it up.

Not in the market to spend a few grand on this bike, rather drop it into my truck.
For now I just want to make it differ from everyone else & enjoy the road once all this snow goes away.

Integrated Led Tail

Possible next purchase:
Vortex Clip On Bars

This is a small forum compared to my ramforumz, should be nice getting to know some of you guys (and gals).

I've done everything on your list..and a lot more. If you have any questions just ask!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

Integrated Led Tail

Possible next purchase:
Vortex Clip On Bars

You are also correct. I have modified my car a lot and those parts are very specific to year and model and depending on how popular the car is the parts fit like a glove. On bikes they like to mass produce parts and make them compatible with a variety of bikes. I've learned that along the way and now before I make any mod I research the heck out of it first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts