Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
In Miami, FL I found that the lowest price of used CBR 250 or 300 is capped at $2000. I mean regardless of miles I almost never see a price lower than 2k. That is good news for us, the bike reaches a depreciation LIMIT where it wont dip under unless we are talking about a crashed bike or a bike with salvage title

But in my opinion I wouldn't buy a 300 with more than 15k miles (24140 km). This is a psychological thing. It also means that after you have accrued that many miles on your own bike that you are going to have a tough time selling it even at a reduced price. Maybe if you are the original owner you would get more leeway on that but buying used you are unlikely to find many 300's from the original owner.

I bought my 2016 CB300F with 1900 miles in October of 2018 for $2500 and I am the 3rd owner of the bike. The original buyer who bought bike from the Dealer probably paid around $4000 + the dealer fees

I just rolled over 6000 miles on the odometer (Im catching up to @Zeke). So I put 4100 miles on this baby compared to the 1900 that the first 2 squids put on it.

Let me tell you something: If you sell a bike before putting at least 5000 miles on it.....it means you should have never bought it in the first place. That is how I feel about it.

People nowadays are in such a hurry to "upgrade to that 600, bro" but in my humble opinion if you are smart and make the intelligent choice to start on a 250 or 300 as first bike that you may as well ride that bad boy for 1 year. Might as well do it since we lose so much money in USA with the transfer fees, tags and taxes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently bought a CB300F with 51000Km. Fifty-one thousand. It works smoothly as a brand new - I know because I go to the Honda Safety Track once a month to train and there I use CB300's with less than 7000Km.

The owner did all the maintenance, the bike was perfect, even almost new tires and spark plug. The chain and sprockets looked perfect and perfectly lubed when I visited first time without prior notice to the owner. Only needed to change the front brake fluid - it had air so the feel was not perfect.

After buying I brought it to my usual garage for a full check. The check was a OK, just changed the brake fluid and oil and filter to "reset the counter".

·
Registered
270 Posts
Let me tell you something: If you sell a bike before putting at least 5000 miles on it.....it means you should have never bought it in the first place.
Tend to agree. It's really unfathomable to me how many low mile bikes are out there on the market. And on their second, third+ owner. But I'm someone who is still finding any excuse to ride.

Also, Cobra, your use of squid finally made me look up the phrase. Somewhat amusing results in the search engine. ;)

edit: Reddit never fails to deliver...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts