Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first semi warm day here, for CA that is near 70*F, and I took the bike out. Haven't ridden the CB in about 3months. Put it away wet and man it looks beat. All the old bug splatter got fungus and mold growing, been raining here lots in the Santa Cruz Mtns the last couple months. Pressured washed all that stuff off, good as new. Been riding the CRF250L and the scooter. The CB feels just about perfect, everything felt just right, suspension brakes power tires sound weight all zen...well it could always be lighter.

I also really like the 600rr pegs too, fits just right and my knees feels much better with that extra half inch lower then the stock rubber padded pegs. And the seat cowl gives me enough space to fit two 16oz. water bottles, no more bags to hold water.

Just threw on some DID ERV3 racing chain on the CB. Did this cause I have been playing with gearing on the CRF and needed a longer chain which the CB was one pair of link longer so I threw those on the CRF. Think the ERV3 saved me like 20grams or something like that but they are much stronger and now look more bling with the gold.

There really isn't anything more I'm gonna do with the CB, it rides perfect!

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only take the CRF on dirt roads, think it is too heavy for pure dirt. With all the travel it rides soooo smooth on pavement. Feels even better then the Ohlins on the CB. Damping is mediocre, would be awful on dirt, but the travel makes up for it on rough roads. There is a considerable difference in power between the CB and the CRF. When the tires wear out I'll put on some more street oriented dual tires. This bike is great for urban assault. I think the biggest limiting factor is the small gas tank, only two gallons, great for dirt but awful for trips.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was also looking at 600rr pegs for my cb300f. I was contemplating weather they would fit or not, but I seen your youtube video and that Pretty much sealed the deal.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hadn't ridden the bike in over a month and been contemplating selling it. Jumped on it yesterday for a 100+mile ride and almost right away felt at home, man this thing fits me like a glove. The new Bridgestones s20evo feels great. I always have this urge to sell off a bike around the 1-2year mark, if I pass that bump it doesn't come around again until about 4-5year mark. With this bike I keep on getting this desire for more torque. That is why I got the xsr900 but it is a little big and heavy for my liking. The torque is intoxicating on the xsr. I'll just wait and see come spring about the cb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts