Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets not be arrogant, most of us are new or newish riders. we're not good and we won't be for a while. Instead of being a hotshot with a mohawk helmet why not work on your fundamentals consistently, that way you get consistently better you know...

Brakes will save one of our lives someday, braking wrong will take one....

as always, experts chime in...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Great for beginner riders like me. Can't get too much info and lessons on riding at this point. I'll have to learn as much as possible while I wait to actually finally buy the CBR300. I figure its not time to buy until summer anyway.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You are trying to tell me that you dont just stomp your feet into the ground to stop?

I've been doing it all wrong all these years...

·
Registered
707 Posts
You are trying to tell me that you dont just stomp your feet into the ground to stop?

I've been doing it all wrong all these years...
Best way to stop LOL, at least this way you can save on servicing your breaks, just slowly sand down your feet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is anyone going to change the stock brakes out of the CBR300? I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I'm sure you can always upgrade something better.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear the best move to make is to steal braided lines. That should give you a bit more feel/pressure...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Guys that own the 2013 250's told me they're fine with the stock breaks, so since the 250 isn't too far off i would expect the same or similar response.

·
Registered
528 Posts
No reason to upgrade stock pads so quickly

Wait till they wear out and replace them with OEM or something more aggressive if you wish.

Braided lines seem to be a popular option that adds some feeling to the brakes according to most. Personally I think rubber lines are fine for the street - last longer too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts