Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CB300F
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just purchased my first bike, a 2016 CB300F with about 600mi on it. The guy i purchased from had the bike sitting for a couple of years, so I'm doing a full fluid change.

Any easy way to drain the gas? I know how to siphon it out but just looked at the filler area and there is the metal top portion and then looks like some plastic beneath and I'm not sure if ill be able to squeeze a hose by it, and don't want to damage anything.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2016 CB300F
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out, I’m dumb, just bought a small 1/2 inch hose and was able to slip it into the tank and siphon it out. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
You may consider putting in fuel additives for a while. Lots of components like fuel tank sending unit floats and electrical connections could have accumulated 'gunk' over the extended down time.

·
Registered
2016 CB300F
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may consider putting in fuel additives for a while. Lots of components like fuel tank sending unit floats and electrical connections could have accumulated 'gunk' over the extended down time.
Yep definitely, I brought the old gas to my shop and it looks cleaner and smells cleaner than I thought,no varnish or particles, no water. glad I drained it anyways. but am going to buy some fuel cleaner today with the rest of the stuff for an oil change. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts