Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK here we go.

This bike are not a realy sporter, but an good commuter, and ?

I want my bike to be an combo/ touring/ going everywhere.

Put 110/80 in front preload the fork 20 mm. give me 30mm.

Lovering kit 4" 100mm. rear tyre 150/60 lovering 10mm.

That raising the handle little. Want more but how ?

That change the rake, but this little one is easy to turn anyway.

And the tyre change is only one step from orginal ( HONDA SPEC. )

Will even change the gearing/gearbox? to my favor. ? ?

Have an 325cc kit, that I hope will help up the highway driving.

Nang Rong Thai.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went with Metzeler M7 RR's 120/60, 150/60 because those are the only sizes I could find in that tire that would fit. I am completely happy with them. Yes there may be less flick ability but the sidewalls are so strong and the tires are like glue I'll take that anyday over the stock IRC's

Just wondering how you've found the Metzeler's have performed after this time Mikal. I've got plenty of life left in my stock IRCs but I've also looked around and there still aren't many choices in the stock tyre sizes.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
also for non-radials, x-ply nylon carcass multiple radius pirelli sports demos excellent, including the wet..
front tyre water dispersal is excellent, profiles make turn in effortless thus slow to medium speed turning
almost 'automatic' ie, feels like it wants to go in there, without rider effort..
intended michelin radials but unavailable last minute, so went with sports demons,
and what a pleasant surprise, from day one.. tested over same reverse camber smooth
surface road in the wet, where stock had slipped [slow speed], without any slip..

as an all weather rider these sport/touring tyres suit me [first on cbr250r, then cbr300r]
cant comment on all out racing on closed courses, but from general backroad surburban
riding incl lots of 'add-on' small roundabouts, etc, pirelli sd's are worth considering..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who is talking about lap times. Who is talking about honda not knowing there stuff. I ride on the normal roads to work. Yes it is a different thing when you race your bike' but i don't. I just ride. Don't put words into peoples comments, just answer it as it is writen. If you have not tried it yourself how can you comment. People ask can i do this, and i want to do that, and i'm only telling them what i have experienced myself with my bike. When people start talking about lap times where in the post did i say anything about racing or lap times. A forum a for answering peoples question so if you read the question (How to fit a 160 tyre on a cbr 300r) So i answered it because i have done it. And i said what happen such as the speedo being out. Now it is his choice wether he does it or not. Sometimes on forums it is hard to get a straight answer. And all you get is a heap of opinions. And that does not help to get an answer for the original question.
Perfectly said.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts