Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my CBR300R today but the dealer didn't mount any L plates on it so I'm going to pick some up tomorrow. Question is, how do you mount them so they stay secure? Any suggestions as a guy at work just told me to buy a bunch and stick them on, but at $10 each I'd rather not :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well I was going to ask "what do you mean by L plates" but I Googled it.

Not sure what to tell you about mounting them, but I will say it's a great idea. Wish we used them in the USA. The dealer should be able to provide your answer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was going to ask "what do you mean by L plates" but I Googled it.

Not sure what to tell you about mounting them, but I will say it's a great idea. Wish we used them in the USA. The dealer should be able to provide your answer.
Thx. Surprised USA doesn't have them as they are used in the UK/AU and NZ so just assumed everywhere did. Totally easy for a car but for a bike, hmmm. Went to the dealer today for some gear anyway and they were closed LOL so hit up some car accessory shops and all looked at me weird and said "superglue". Fark that :D

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
In the US, anyone who has a M/C endorsement on their drivers license (even with no prior motorcycle experience) can walk into a dealership and ride away on a 1000cc sport bike... pretty messed up, huh?

I think it is.

Reactions: CB300F

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
In the US, anyone who has a M/C endorsement on their drivers license (even with no prior motorcycle experience) can walk into a dealership and ride away on a 1000cc sport bike... pretty messed up, huh?

I think it is.
Not to carry this off topic, but hopefully not a lot of new riders take advantage of this particularly risky opportunity in reality. :confused:

·
Registered
104 Posts

I think it is.
Also kind of messed up that you can buy a street bike that will do 180 MPH. Was riding the Wing once in a group of about 5 Wings and two bikes blew by us at at least 100 MPH faster than we were riding. Never saw them coming and didn't have time to get on the CB and warn the rest of the group. Scared the crap out of me. They were a just a flash going by. Wonder why they don't limit top end to 100 and shut off the spark after that.

I think the "L" is a good idea. Once you learn to ride and get caught doing 100 MPH you should have to put "AH" on your bike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Answering my own question here, but found a rubber plug behind the rear license plate earlier, so popped that out and was able to fix an L plate to it with a couple of black zip ties, then secure the plate down a little with the tape so its all good.

Will try and pickup a hard wearing plastic L plate and then mount with a bolt and washer through the hole but this'll do the trick for now :)

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
I drilled a hole through my plate and attached my WOF holder to it with a 6mm bolt. It sits on the back of the plate tho so you dont see it unless I spin it down. You can tell I dont live in a city!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts