Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can hard wire my garmin car gps cord to the wiring on my 300r? I want to be able to have my gps in my tank bag but plugged in. Is there a way I can simply attach the wiring harness from the gps to the fuse box or something? Anyone done this before??

Thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
34 Posts
Easiest way would be to connect an SAE lead to your battery. Mine came from the dealer with one already installed. These are typically used to connect to a battery tender but you can plug in a SAE to USB piece to charge a GPS or a cell phone. Position it wherever you like.

For your purposes I think this would be a good solution. If your primary reason was for a phone there would be other things to consider like quick charge compatibility.

Ive run an SAE to USB like the one above to the front of the tank before the triple tree for easy access. I've also installed a 12v car port on the front left fairing of my FZ6 so I can remove different 12v accessories. I'd only think about adding a fuse block, like the FuzeBlock FZ1, to your bike if you were adding multiple electrical accessories like a dash cam, alarm system, lights, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gamechanger.....after reading your post I remembered something the dealer told me about a battery charger under my seat they pre-installed....low and behold, they installed an SAE lead with quick connector already attached for heating vest etc. I'm glad you mentioned this as I totally forgot they installed it! I already ordered the quick connect USB connector and should be good to go in a week when it arrives so that I can keep my gps powered.

Thanks again! Love this forum!!!

cheers,
Trevor

Reactions: Gamechanger

·
Registered
2 Posts

here’s my setup on a 300r. I spliced the connector to the hospital feed wires. Amazon sells these connectors for solar panels.

·
Registered
391 Posts
All my accessories ( Heated grips, running lights, GPS and USB ) are supplies with an 'Ignition on' supply through a fusefox with a separate fuse for each item. The supply to this fusebox is from the rear light supply and this activates a relay. All the accessories then take their feed from the battery via the fuses.

·
Registered
160 Posts
All my accessories ( Heated grips, running lights, GPS and USB ) are supplies with an 'Ignition on' supply through a fusefox with a separate fuse for each item. The supply to this fusebox is from the rear light supply and this activates a relay. All the accessories then take their feed from the battery via the fuses. View attachment 34828 View attachment 34829
I did the same thing Grom, but didn’t put the relay in ( only using for usb and LED brake light on the top box). I made a pigtail harness that just plugs into the rear light harness. If I ever want to change it back.... no problem.....

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've quick-spliced 'ignition on' to the rear light and power and ground directly to the battery. USB outlet and heated grips (both w their own fuses) so it's not too untidy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts