Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's not part of the rebuild, but do you have plans to make a video on replacing brake pads and maybe the brake lines as well? I know it's easy, but so is removing the exhaust :)
Yeah! Once I've got the bike running, I figure I'll keep working through any number of maintenance things, or aftermarket bits. I've got a list on my computer, and will be sure to add brakes to it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is great! Keep making these fantastic videos. Its like having the service manual explained in a video format.
I agree..... I’ve finally come over from “the good old days” and realize these videos are the way to go!

Keep em up!!!

Reactions: lightningfrog27

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is great! Keep making these fantastic videos. Its like having the service manual explained in a video format.
haha...that's pretty much exactly what im doing...i've got the factory service manual, and im figuring it out as i go. Whenever i struggle to figure out what it's pointing to or how to do the thing, i make sure to give that a little extra time/explanation in the video.

:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have a question!

Do these things have a gasket between the exhaust header and port on the engine? Are they supposed to?

When I swapped out my stock exhaust for the Yoshi, I thought it was a little curious there wasn't one. But said "oh well" and bolted up the replacement pipe. Recently, when I was doing a bike-related order on Amazon, they recommended a gasket for the CB300F --

Which I threw on today. It's probably my imagination (or the deee-luxe chain wax I used), but the bike seems peppier with the gasket and no exhaust leak.

If there's supposed to be a gasket, then I'm thinking a previous owner probably switched exhausts at some point.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sigh. OK, there definitely wasn't anything there on mine, but it's nice and tight now and sounds and moves better than ever.

I'm definitely pinning the head wear on the intake cam side (found during the recall work, chalked up to high heat or low oil) to previous owner malfeasance. But she's in good hands now.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Sigh. OK, there definitely wasn't anything there on mine, but it's nice and tight now and sounds and moves better than ever.

I'm definitely pinning the head wear on the intake cam side (found during the recall work, chalked up to high heat or low oil) to previous owner malfeasance. But she's in good hands now.
I had one of those exhaust header nuts rattle loose on me one day on a big ride. I lost it completely and didnt know about it until the other one rattled loose too and the header started to come adrift and I heard the racket below me.
I was thinking Oh man I'll bet that thread is metric fine and I will never find one of those nuts in the small town I was passing through. But no they are the standard M8 metric coarse thread. So I bought two at a hardware store and locked the two nuts tight against each other. Problem solved.
Luckily the gasket was still sitting in there loosely.

It's a hard one though as you dont want to overly tighten those nuts as the gasket is designed to crush. It's pretty much a 'one use item'. Cheap and relatively easy to fit. I'd suggest a drop of loctite on the threads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts