Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new member and 4 weeks ago purchased a 2021 CB300R. I am new rider but have two years of trail experience in KTM 125 2-stroke. I absolutely love my new Honda and cannot think of any mods I want to do.
Here is my silly question. I use the red emergency off button when I turn off bike. Should I not use and only shut off with key and not button? I read in manual and it says only shut off with emergency button in emergency. Maybe they say that so we don’t forget to turn off to save battery. Just curious if I should use key or can keep using the red on button to turn off motor. thank you! 2WD Roll Tide!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've always used the ignition key, but I've never heard it's harmful to use the kill switch. In an emergency, I'd need to make a conscience effort to find the kill switch, while you'd be on it immediately. As long as you remember the ignition at the same time, I don't see any downside. Maybe some one more technically minded will chime in... I'm just too lazy to add another chore.

·
Registered
452 Posts
For day to day use switch off with the key. You don't forget and leave something on, grips etc. There is no problem turning off with the killswitch but you stand the change of leaving something switched on and draining your battery. You will also wonder why it won't start next time you come to use it but eventually you'll remember the kill switch.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts