Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a cash purchase, 2015 red 300F. Got a bill of sale and some discounts on helmet, etc coming when I pick it up 3 days. I investigated the options for my needs for six months and no looking back. I will write a review of this dealer once it is all registered and no take-backs.

Here in AZ the gummint takes their pound. $349 sales tax, $87 license fee, & $346 documentary fee. The dealer has a $295 set up and a freight charge (that my sales guy waived). I got a small discount on the MSRP too so I'm happy coming in 500 under budget. The only immediate mod will be to put on a tank protector where jacket zips might touch. My helmets are getting old, I wear glasses, and want to go for a new flip-face helmet. Please comment if you know of a great buy for the buck.

Longer-term, I want to put on a lighter exhaust but one that does not require periodic re-stuffing with fiberglass. I am checking out the Scorpion (any other suggestions?). I also plan on doing something crazy with the massive plastic wrapped around the top of the engine area. I hate the look of it standing off the bike although it is better from the seat.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You will pick up on everything naturally as time goes on. Just enjoy the bike.

Welcome.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Thats great news....Now have fun riding this winter!

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Looking at your climate stats on Wiki it appears you have a winter climate that many would be envious of.
Enjoy it :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Looking at your climate stats on Wiki it appears you have a winter climate that many would be envious of.
Enjoy it :)
Me being one and lots of others in North America!:D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
only thing for me is anything other than
a good full face helmet..

probably sounds unimportant to someone
who has never had their lower mandible
snapped [and wired together between
teeth for 3 months] plus facial fractures,
from landing face first on the road
wearing a half face helmet...

of course being on my third road motorcycle
by then, obviously nothing like that would
happen, to me...

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Hi scarabjim
Welcome and hope you enjoy the bike. I have a Shark Speed R crash helmet as it has slots in the side cheeks for my glasses arms. Also has a high impact test results, it is not worth getting a cheap helmet as the skull is one of the most vunerable bits of our bodies.
They also supply pads to fit with the helmet if you don't wear glasses.

Reactions: shisoshin

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome to the RideRed addiction, brother.
Stay safe and make no assumptions as you ride.
I would go with a full face, as Shisoshin suggests..

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Doing a cash purchase, 2015 red 300F. Got a bill of sale and some discounts on helmet, etc coming when I pick it up 3 days. I investigated the options for my needs for six months and no looking back. I will write a review of this dealer once it is all registered and no take-backs.

Here in AZ the gummint takes their pound. $349 sales tax, $87 license fee, & $346 documentary fee. The dealer has a $295 set up and a freight charge (that my sales guy waived). I got a small discount on the MSRP too so I'm happy coming in 500 under budget. The only immediate mod will be to put on a tank protector where jacket zips might touch. My helmets are getting old, I wear glasses, and want to go for a new flip-face helmet. Please comment if you know of a great buy for the buck.

Longer-term, I want to put on a lighter exhaust but one that does not require periodic re-stuffing with fiberglass. I am checking out the Scorpion (any other suggestions?). I also plan on doing something crazy with the massive plastic wrapped around the top of the engine area. I hate the look of it standing off the bike although it is better from the seat.
Congrats on the new Bike!

Just curious, could you clarify what you meant by this;

"I also plan on doing something crazy with the massive plastic wrapped around the top of the engine area. I hate the look of it standing off the bike although it is better from the seat."

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yeah Mikal..I was wondering about that myself.......:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not like the shrouds that hide the engine and frame. In addition, the bulky look at the front of the bike is even more pronounced now that I have visually (and physically) lightened the rear with fender eliminator and TB slip-on. I have a project to make the bike even "nakeder" by replacing the shrouds and I will post photos when it is done to my satisfaction. Much fabrication.
The view from the saddle is not as offensive (to me) - even though there is black plastic in view around the front of the tank. I will make myself perfectly clear with photos that follow. I don't think it will take more than a month (although I seem to never have time).

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
like dsimmo i can also recommend shark r helmets..
i wear sunnies except at night [glare effected]
so its nice to have good helmets designed
specifically to accept glasses..

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
like dsimmo i can also recommend shark r helmets..
i wear sunnies except at night [glare effected]
so its nice to have good helmets designed
specifically to accept glasses..
I wear glasses with transition lenses for driving etc, so they darken in the sunshine (when we get some) also bright lights and clear very quick when you look away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts