Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mikel B. is correct. Those parts are original Honda parts (still come with the design glitches as discussed) aka Thai design, not from Japan.

Here are the links from Honda website for the F and the R, seems to be the same for me anyway. The Radiator protector looks cool, will ask for the price when I pass a shop, usually pretty cheap down here.

A.P.Honda - Product - ????????? "Power of fun project! - ???????????????????"
A.P.Honda - Product - ????????? "Power of fun project! - ???????????????????"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh yeah, I guess so! I figured it was not genuine since it makes the pillion seat unusable and is not on the US accessories page. Anyone know if a top case can be mounted on this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
OK, please hold in your laughter; I just got the bikerzbits luggage rack in the mail. The install seemed simple enough however the bolts for the passenger grab rails don't seem to want to come out. I have already scraped my knuckles pretty badly using hand tools to loosen the bolts and have sprayed the bolts with some lube to loosen em up to no avail. Is this normal? What would you all do? I can't ask family members/friends for help because they are as mechanically inept as me, if not worse!

·
Registered
289 Posts
OK, please hold in your laughter; I just got the bikerzbits luggage rack in the mail. The install seemed simple enough however the bolts for the passenger grab rails don't seem to want to come out. I have already scraped my knuckles pretty badly using hand tools to loosen the bolts and have sprayed the bolts with some lube to loosen em up to no avail. Is this normal? What would you all do? I can't ask family members/friends for help because they are as mechanically inept as me, if not worse!
No it's not normal haha. Also make sure you're turning it the right way, lefty loosey righty tighty. Clockwise to tighten, counter clock to loosen. I've been there before lol. If it's really stuck on use a 6 pt socket with a ratchet and a pipe over the end, shouldn't be necessary because the bolts shouldn't be that tight from factory but stranger things have happened. Don't strip the bolt heads. Goodluck

·
Registered
69 Posts
All I needed was 1/4 socket wrench to got them loose.
On the other hand, be very carefully when installing the rack, as the bolts have different lengts, if you look carefully at the distance tubes on your rack, you'll know. If you put the longer of the bolts in the wrong place, the head of the bolt shears off, and then be prepared to remove the fairing to get access with some vice-grips. Don't ask me how I know ;-) . If I were you, I would look in you're area to find better bolts, as those supplied are of very poor quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh yeah, I guess so! I figured it was not genuine since it makes the pillion seat unusable and is not on the US accessories page. Anyone know if a top case can be mounted on this?
Hmm, went shopping today with the Esky-box strapped down with two bungee-cords. Didn't move a bit, but perhaps you might have something more professional.

In the parts list I posted here, Honda got a Givi box, so I assume they will fit.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I "enhanced" my tail rack by attaching a peg board to it with a forest of plastic ties. This made the rack wider and thus better supportive of the load.
The holes in the peg board were good for passing rope through or even for the plastic hooks of some of the bungee cords. So it worked quite well for me.
Definitely better than the camping trip a month ago without the widened rack. The peg board was cheap, easy to cut to the desired size. It seemed to be sturdy
enough, but I wasn't putting much weight on it. I tried a stress test on it and too much weight will snap it like a rice cracker. Also, I'm not sure how repeated
soaking would affect it (many days of rain) - the material seemed like a cross between paper and wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered this because of your post. I fits well. Three day shipping for $20 was worth it since this is not available in U.S.A. Thanks for the lead. Remove the back seat handles and with a little effort it is tight and stable. Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've just installed it, the bikerzbits rack, and I'm wondering what everyone is going on about for the rear pillion. All seems fine, maybe it barely sits higher. I would be comfortable having a passenger with the rack installed any day of the week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok so I just ordered the one from bikerbits for my 2018 cb300f. I’ll let you know if it fits the newer models as well. I’m planning on just making the part that holds up the passenger seat by means of how the Hepco and Becker rack does it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Confirmation 2018

So I can confirm that the H2C rack from bikerzbits does fit the 2018 cb300f. It still is missing the tabs for the rear cowl to sit on but the play in the seat is hardly any. I don’t ride with anyone on the back at the moment so I am in no rush to get the tabs welded on, but that would be the next step. Hope everyone finds this helpful, I know i spent months trying to figure out a solution for a top box on my bike and this one works great!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Confirmation 2018

So I can confirm that the H2C rack from bikerzbits does fit the 2018 cb300f. It still is missing the tabs for the rear cowl to sit on but the play in the seat is hardly any. I don’t ride with anyone on the back at the moment so I am in no rush to get the tabs welded on, but that would be the next step. Hope everyone finds this helpful, I know i spent months trying to figure out a solution for a top box on my bike and this one works great!
May I ask what is the top box model that you installed and whether the corresponding mounting plate was an easy fit? Tks a ton

·
Registered
2018 Honda CB300F
3 Posts
I can also confirm the h2c rack works on the cb300f. I ordered from bikerbitz and it was delivered within 3 days! Just got the top case in it today but it was easy to install and didn't budge at all during my rides today. Overall I'm really happy to now have a storage option in my bike!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts