Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

I found a tail rack!

31K views 56 replies 30 participants last post by  rutherford 
#1 ·
#6 · (Edited)
#8 ·
According to the Bikerzbits web page, it fits both 300 models.

Reactions: Ifeanyi300F
#20 ·
I purchased the rack from bikerzbits. It's not a good fit. If you look at the photos you will see there are not pads for rear seat to sit on. I had to weld on a couple pieces of melt to support the rear sear. I'll attach photos later.
Yeah, I have the same rack. It fits the bike (the mounting) perfectly, but the pillion seat has a lot of play in it - I can move the rear of the seat with my fingers up and down quite a lot. Doesn't bother me much, as I have the soft panniers that help keep the pillion seat down.

#21 ·
The rack I received from Bikerbits did not have the tabs where the rear seat sets. I (poorly) welded tabs on both sides for the rear seat to set on. Otherwise if someone sat on the rear seat it would crush the plastic on the rear. I'm not a photographer or a welder!
Looks like pretty good welding to me!;)

#13 ·
Hey everyone, I've bought a 2015 CB300F recently, and was wondering, would this rack fit on that model? I'm not too sure if there's much of a difference between the CBRs and CBs when it comes to these kinds of accessories so I have no idea...

Also, from what I've read on this thread it seems like the only issue is that the back seat can't be used unless you weld on some tabs, so if I'm not planning on using the back seat, it'll be fine?

Thanks everyone!

#23 ·
Got the same, although this is a original Honda part (H2C), it's not the only design glitch. The distances they welded on are not the same. It's a bit hard to see on the picture, but you might notice the different lengts of the bolts, (wich are of poor quality as well).
So because of the different distances, the distances should be slightly grinded to touch with the whole surface. If you give it a closer look, you'll see that it touches only partly.

That's what happen if you let the boys play with a CAD station, and they never touched a wrench before. What I don't understand, how it could through the Honda quality control.

Attachments

#41 ·
Mikel B. is correct. Those parts are original Honda parts (still come with the design glitches as discussed) aka Thai design, not from Japan.

Here are the links from Honda website for the F and the R, seems to be the same for me anyway. The Radiator protector looks cool, will ask for the price when I pass a shop, usually pretty cheap down here.

A.P.Honda - Product - ????????? "Power of fun project! - ???????????????????"
A.P.Honda - Product - ????????? "Power of fun project! - ???????????????????"

#43 ·
OK, please hold in your laughter; I just got the bikerzbits luggage rack in the mail. The install seemed simple enough however the bolts for the passenger grab rails don't seem to want to come out. I have already scraped my knuckles pretty badly using hand tools to loosen the bolts and have sprayed the bolts with some lube to loosen em up to no avail. Is this normal? What would you all do? I can't ask family members/friends for help because they are as mechanically inept as me, if not worse!

#44 ·
No it's not normal haha. Also make sure you're turning it the right way, lefty loosey righty tighty. Clockwise to tighten, counter clock to loosen. I've been there before lol. If it's really stuck on use a 6 pt socket with a ratchet and a pipe over the end, shouldn't be necessary because the bolts shouldn't be that tight from factory but stranger things have happened. Don't strip the bolt heads. Goodluck

#45 ·
All I needed was 1/4 socket wrench to got them loose.
On the other hand, be very carefully when installing the rack, as the bolts have different lengts, if you look carefully at the distance tubes on your rack, you'll know. If you put the longer of the bolts in the wrong place, the head of the bolt shears off, and then be prepared to remove the fairing to get access with some vice-grips. Don't ask me how I know ;-) . If I were you, I would look in you're area to find better bolts, as those supplied are of very poor quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.