Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
Welcome friend, no problem sharing your thoughts here, it's not like we have a heap of other daily posts to get through lol. Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues. It's a pity there's not an on/off switch for the mind or at least a dimmer control eh. I'm pleased that riding your bike at least provides you some respite. It's the same for most of us to varying degrees.

Regarding your broken filter cover bolts: Firstly, dont feel bad about it as you aren't the first and most certainly wont be the last to have this happen. It's not a great design, a spin on type of oil filter would have been preferable but it is what it is.
Just curious, do you have much of the broken bolt left sticking out? Enough to get a pair vice grip pliers on and perhaps unscrew the broken thread out. Sometimes you can get lucky with a broken bolt but other times it snaps off flush with the engine casing.

I cant help you with your servicing estimates as I'm in New Zealand but some of our US based members may be able to help. Or just give the shop a ring perhaps so your forewarned.

· Registered
2019 HONDA CB300R
3 Posts
hello, kiwi rider thank you for the response. im more sure about having not much but a little bit of the broken screw still out than i am about it broken flush..but im not 100% on how much of the screw is still there for me to be able to get a good grip to try and unscrew it. the reason i haven't checked is because the cover has 4 screws correct and the two that broke are top left and bottom right so the two screws that are still good are holding the cover perty fluch and the only time it starts to leak oil is if i turn the engine on and ride it but when i hold the bike up right when off or even tilt it tword the filter side i dont get any oil leak so that is y im thinking there is still some screw left, and its holding prety tight on the day that they broke i tried to pull the cover gently to see if the corners that have the broken screw if it was loose to just show me a little gap or something but it didnt, tell u the truth i honestly didnt think about taking it off to check because i was hesitant about maybe making it worse, but i will take off the cap today and see exactly how much screw i still have left hopfully its enough for me to at least get them unscrewed at least that way when i take it to the shop that would b one less charge. tell you the truth these days that have past ive been thinking about the whole taking the bike to the shop part and ive been wanting to take it for the valve adjustment and tune up for some time now and i kept on putting it off but this little issue is kind of a good thing come to think of it because now i have to its like forcing my hand i kept trying to put it off everytime as if i would be financially in a better place where i could have that extra expense but lol i know its getting off topic but that is just a dream if u understand what i mean i feel much more at peace knowing that now i have to take it no matter what...also ive been wanting to do some upgrades so now that its going to go to the shop for the past few days ive been ordering a few things and im thinking once i have everything i take it to the shop and just have it all done at once and im actually excited about that lol, ive got a few just cosmetic parts and ive been searching for a full exhauset system that i want to have installed and as soon as i order that and it gets delivered im going to take it and might as well have a professinal install it and fine tune it as in the beginning i was just going to do a mid pipe and a muffler but i really wanted a full system so at least i have the chance to do those..its funny that a negative thing is actually turning into a positive...i really take good care of the motorcycle and its like a weight off my sholders knowing the mechanic will fix anything that might b nessesary for example maybe my cables need to b changed or my brakes even though i think my breaks r still good..but at least flushing the brake fluid and the coolint. i allways feel like the stock driving chain is not reliable allways in the back of my head so im going to order a better chain also and just have them install everything and whatever its going to coast well then ill come up with it as ive been saving ever since the screw issue and i got all the parts that i wanted for a real good price all thats left is the chain and the exhust. i was actuly going through searching for it right before i replied today. im having trouble picking out the exhust system and i was wondering if maybe u or anyone here would know about this because i cant seem to find one thats exactly for this bike that dosent coast few hundred dollers..i dont want to put on a insane name brand system, ive found a few in the price range of anywere from $110 to like $140 somewere in the middle most of them i just dont know if it would fit, im looking through amazon and most of them have the description that its like a perfict fit for a honda Grom and i really dont care as long as the tail pipe fits in to the engine area..im looking for a exhust system where the muffler is low not one that is high up and ive found a few that i really like either way im going to put the orders in today i just want to ask if you might have any advice on the whole piping like would it have to be modified a lot to make somthing like that fit or its just a miner modification of the pipe to clear everything untill the point where the muffler gets attached..this is my first time upgrading my bike like this i never did a full pipe...its kind of embarrasing as im not so good with all the terminalogys as im still knew to the motorcycle scene even though ive been riding about 2 years but just never really did any major changes it was allways cosmetic stuff and i know this exhaust system is not going to make a big diffrence but i just dont want to do any half ass work i really want to feel that i have not stock BS honda parts on it and have somthing thats much better or at least in my mind lol...and i also dont want to spend and get really good brand name system as its not worth it for just a 300 if it was a 600 or higher cc bike then yes definetly i would want to put the best of what i could but i see this bike as a learning lesson in upgrading and fine tuning my own technique if that makes sense at all...anyways i would much aprritiate any advice...i will open the filter cover today and will update here....thank you for ur reply and Merry X-Mass to all i wish everyone the best of luck in thier endevers and good health to everyones family...thank you and i will check back on this forem later on today. Thank you and take care

21 - 23 of 23 Posts