Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most other CBR300R owners, my CBR's speedometer reads 10% higher. Does this mean my odometer is 10% higher as well?
I did a search on the forum to see but I couldn't get a definitive answer. Some people have argued that the odometer is spot on despite the speedometer error, while others claim that if the speedometer is off, the odometer is off as well.

So I was hoping now in 2019, there would be more data available for someone to make the judgement call.
So how accurate is the odometer?

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Like most other CBR300R owners, my CBR's speedometer reads 10% higher. Does this mean my odometer is 10% higher as well?
I did a search on the forum to see but I couldn't get a definitive answer. Some people have argued that the odometer is spot on despite the speedometer error, while others claim that if the speedometer is off, the odometer is off as well.

So I was hoping now in 2019, there would be more data available for someone to make the judgement call.
So how accurate is the odometer?
The odo is accurate, the speedo isnt. I did mention this before but long time a go, lost in the ether.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think it all depends where you live different countrys have different laws- example in the USA the OD must be within 1th per mile and the speedometer can be high by 10%-- I have found in the last 8-9 years Honda speedometers and OD have been spot on- I'm told Harleys are also spot on so One can be off while the other can be on- depends where you live

1 - 4 of 4 Posts