1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4 Posts
... there is a wealth of information here: Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

The CBR300R and the CBR250R have much in common, and the differences are relatively few.
I have had a look at cbr 250 and the threads that contain info about the cbr 300, they seem full of bitter people who are unhappy that their bike is going to be worth less after the 300 release

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have had a look at cbr 250 and the threads that contain info about the cbr 300, they seem full of bitter people who are unhappy that their bike is going to be worth less after the 300 release
I think you may have missed my point...

Actually, I wasn't referring to those couple threads about the new CBR300R. There is some "wheat" in those threads amongst the "chafe", etc. But what I meant in this opening post was that because the CBR300R is basically a updated version of a motorcycle that has been on the market, and more importantly, in the hands of real everyday riders for three full model years, a good majority of the threads on CBR250R.net that pertain to subjects such as suspension, service & maintenance, general discussion, parts & accessories, problems & issues, etc. will also apply to many of the same aspects of the CBR300R. Within those threads there is a wealth of knowledge to be gleaned, from people who have logged some serious seat time and mileage on CBR250R's & RA's. I think that it is safe to say that this level, quantity, and quality of real world experience isn't going to be found in glossy trade show press releases, or from the monthly motorcycle magazine press 6-8 months from now when they finally get their "first test" riding impressions out on the newsstands.

As excited as many people are about this "new" bike, Honda didn't reinvent the wheel or start from the ground up with a clean sheet of paper in designing the CBR300R. They did their R&D homework well over 5 years ago, prior to first releasing the CBR250R to the motorcycle world in 2011. Fast forward to today, I would go so far as to say that Honda Motor Co. received no small amount of invaluable feedback from the collective membership of CBR250R/RA riders over the past several years who have contributed their time and knowledge posting information on the CBR250R.net forums. I think that it is more than fair to say that this new CBR300R is in large part, a result of Honda listening to it's CBR250R customers and their experiences with that motorcycle.

·
Registered
707 Posts
thanks for posting this, the CBR300 does replace the CBR250 so it is a very good way to suggest what the CBR300 specifications might be like, price, specifications, etc.

Can't wait to find out CBR300 pricing in it's various world bike markets, especially the USA, since i am american

·
Registered
19 Posts
what has changed between the CBR250 and CBR300? the suspension is the exact same?
As it appears currently, the engine has a longer stroke, and the rest looks to be cosmetic.

·
Registered
532 Posts
So there should also be a bevy of cheap aftermarket stuff for the CB250R that we can take advantage of for CB300R... What about slip ons, will those be compatible...

·
Registered
528 Posts
The CBR 300 R is a bigger CBR 250 R. The length of the CBR 300 R is 2035 mm, width is 720mm and height is 1120mm. When we compare it to the CBR 250 R, the length is increased by 3 mm, width is same and height decreased by 7mm. Honda has made the CBR 300 R lighter than the CBR 250 R. Honda CBR 300 R weights 164 Kgm which is 6 kgm lighter than the CBR 250 R. Honda has increased the wheelbase of CBR 300 by 13mm. The wheelbase of CBR 300 R is 1380mm. The ground clearance of both CBR 300 R and CBR 250 R is the same which is 145mm. Honda has given same wheels for the CBR 300 R from the CBR 250 R. 110/70-17M/C for the front and 140/70-17M/C at the rear.
Now the big part of the story which is the engine. The Honda CBR 300 R is powered by a 286 cc DOHC 4 valve single cylinder fuel injected engine which makes 30.4 BHP of power at 8500 RPM and torque of 27 NM at 7250 RPM. From CBR 250 R, Honda has increased the power by 5.4 BHP and torque by 4 NM. This engine is mated to 6 speed gear transmission. Honda has given disc brakes at front and rear. Honda is giving the ABS as an option.
In design Honda has completely changed the front of the CBR 300 R. The front headlamps and visor design is inspired from higher CBR models. Compared to CBR 250 R this is far more aggressive and edgy. The rest of the panels have given a minor tweak. The instrument cluster and the handlebar are also same from the CBR 250 R. Overall, the CBR 300 R is a tweaked version of the CBR 250 R. We can expect the Honda CBR 300 R next year in India.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts