Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Calling 'Knights2theEnd." Attention, 'Knights2theEnd.' I found you a bike. ^^^^^^^
Copy IndependentGeorge. This is Knights2theEnd. Destination is 0400 hours from my location. Requesting further intel from OlderRider via PM.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I just noticed the responses here. I had already replied to the PM from the Knight and don't have the time to work with a long distance deal right now. Perhaps towards the end of the month if you are still looking and the local market is still slow.

Thanks for the offer though!

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Oh, I just noticed the responses here. I had already replied to the PM from the Knight and don't have the time to work with a long distance deal right now. Perhaps towards the end of the month if you are still looking and the local market is still slow.

Thanks for the offer though!
What's the 'don't have the time to work with a long distance deal' for you as the seller... what difference does it make where the buyer is driving from?

Whether it's someone local from the other side of town from you, or it's a 4 hour one way drive for Knights2theEnd, it shouldn't matter to you as the seller. A guy who is a serious buyer shows up with hard cash in hand, and you turn over the bike and sign off on its clear title to the new owner.

Pretty simple really... it's not like you're selling real estate.

An 8 hour round trip drive is nothing to go pick up a bike... he could easily do the trip in a day and be home in time for dinner.

Reactions: scarabjim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your opinions Mike but you don't know all the details and I'm not going to spell them out on a public forum so you will just have to take my word for it. As I said maybe towards the end of the month if he is still interested.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Thanks for your opinions Mike but you don't know all the details and I'm not going to spell them out on a public forum so you will just have to take my word for it. As I said maybe towards the end of the month if he is still interested.
No worries... it wasn't my intent to stick my nose into whatever sort of 'deal' you two discussed. I only commented because in your previous post it more or less sounded like it was the "long distance" that was at issue, and preventing you from working out a deal with him to buy the bike.

Reactions: Knights2theEnd

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is correct notarat! I love the back roads of Virginia along the 81 corridor. The farm lands and the roads that wind through them are some of the most perfect riding for me. Soon I'll be on Rt 16 between Taswell and Marion and I can't wait!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mike. You made a lot of good points in your post. Yes, from my perspective I would not drive that far to purchase something. I'm also not as patient as many other people. But you reminded me that not everyone thinks like me so I need to take that into account. :) We agreed to wait until a better time to discuss any possible deal. All is well.

No worries... it wasn't my intent to stick my nose into whatever sort of 'deal' you two discussed. I only commented because in your previous post it more or less sounded like it was the "long distance" that was at issue, and preventing you from working out a deal with him to buy the bike.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That is correct notarat! I love the back roads of Virginia along the 81 corridor. The farm lands and the roads that wind through them are some of the most perfect riding for me. Soon I'll be on Rt 16 between Taswell and Marion and I can't wait!
I grew up in Oakwood, Va (look at Rt 460 in between Grundy and Richlands...can't miss it) so I'm pretty familiar with the look of those mountains. I used to take off on the weekends and ride around Elliston to Catawba, and all over that area's back roads, and I still have never found a state more beautiful...

Would love to move back there at some point...

I'm jealous. Memphis is a shithole for riding.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Thanks Mike. You made a lot of good points in your post. Yes, from my perspective I would not drive that far to purchase something. I'm also not as patient as many other people. But you reminded me that not everyone thinks like me so I need to take that into account. :) We agreed to wait until a better time to discuss any possible deal. All is well.
Yeah, I'm one of those guys who will drive some distance to buy something I'm specifically looking for, and if the price is right.

When I bought my '12 CBR250R three years ago, I ended up driving 4 hours each way to the Honda dealer in Durango, Colorado as they were willing to sell the bike for the MSRP, with no freight & set-up fees tacked on. Whereas the two Honda dealers close to me in northern New Mexico were adding on outrageous freight & set-up fees to the tune of $800-$900 over MSRP, plus the usual TT&L. Needless to say it was well worth the scenic drive from Santa Fe to Durango and back in order to save that kind of cash.

Another example: I recently bought a mint, nearly new 2007 Avon 3.10 Rover inflatable boat (no motor) locally off of Craigslist. So then I started searching the local Craigslist's for a small 6-10 HP outboard motor, but after about a month of looking I just wasn't seeing anything close to home that I was interested in. Long story short, I expanded my CL search and found a clean, low hours '91 Evinrude 6 HP outboard down in Phoenix, AZ... we made the 7 hour one-way drive the following weekend to pick up the motor and made a sort of mini-vacation out of the trip by catching a couple games during the last week of MLB spring training in Scottsdale. If you like baseball, I highly recommend seeing a spring training game, lots of fun.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just so you both know, I'm taking credit for this deal when it goes through. As such, I will be collecting a small commission on the sale.

As always, it was a pleasure doing business with both of you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just so you both know, I'm taking credit for this deal when it goes through. As such, I will be collecting a small commission on the sale.

As always, it was a pleasure doing business with both of you.
Good thing I am on the buying side :D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
That was a quick sale after your recent reduction... May I ask what the reduced price was? (Link is no longer active)

Congrats on the sale. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts