Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I own a CB300R 2020 model.
I want to increase the idling rpm does anyone know how?
I want to do it since when it is cold and starting up the engine it wont fire up immediately but after 2-3 seconds and sometimes I need to play with the throttle.

Thanks in advance.
Philip

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
On most modern fuel injected bikes you need to plug into the ECU to perform such actions. The old days of tweaking a knob on the carburetor are gone unfortunately.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH (ABS)
38 Posts
According to the Owner's Manual for my 2017 CB300F (p 127/134 of the PDF) the Idle speed is non-adjustable (as Kiwi Rider stated) 1,400 ± 100 rpm. The non-adjustable part surprised me as my 2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 has a little thumb-screw by my right knee and gives a speed to set when the engine is warm. Like you, I find I have to give a tiny bit of throttle when starting, but so far have never had mine not start on the first or second push of the ignition button, even when cold (knock on wood). I installed a Battery Tender ASE quick-disconnect harness on mine, run under the seat and over the winter I connect a Battery Tender 800 smart charger (waterproof equivalent of the Battery Tender Junior) every few weeks to make sure the battery stays fully charged.

If you need one, you can download a PDF copy of your Honda Owner's Manual from Honda Motorcycle Owners Manual - Honda Powersports

Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts