Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the left side of the 300 has a prime space for installing a JATO rocket. Some of them look quite decent and have a similar shape to the muffler on the right side, so the rocket would complement the bike's design well. The two details that need working out are how to mount the JATO rocket and where to put the ignition switch. For properly balanced design the rocket should follow the angle of the muffler, but the resulting thrust would propel the bike through the earth's crust to Australia, not forward. Obviously, the rocket needs to be mounted very horizontally, which probably means changing the angle of the muffler to match. The second, even more important, issue is where to mount the ignition button. The horn/turn signal cluster would be the best place technically, but
practically I could hit the ignition switch instead of the horn button...

Of course, the whole setup has to be used with respect. Only experienced bikers should attempt this. Once the ignition button is pressed, you're committed for the whole duration of the burn.
I think roads in North America are fantastic for JATO rocket-equipped bikes:
they are very long and straight. Why to ride dead straight for hours, when you can zing through the stretch in a fraction of the time?

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
That must be one **** of a snow storm you guys got, too much time on your hands maybe Michael? ;)
An interesting concept tho, who knows what the future will bring!

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well, don't they put jet engines into bikes and then race it in Australian deserts? So, it's already there, just not mass produced yet! :devil:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That must be one **** of a snow storm you guys got, too much time on your hands maybe Michael? ;)
An interesting concept tho, who knows what the future will bring!

Ah, Kiwi, Kiwi. If there would be a one **** of a snow storm, I'd be busy shovelling snow. Riding withdrawal syndrome...what can I say? :D
Hey, at least in two weeks we'll have the international motorcycle show.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts