Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team, I'm currently working in Thailand on a 9 month contract and need a bike to get around. The CB300F seems to tick the boxes as larger bikes not made in Thailand generally have a 30% import tax.

Anyway, I'm wondering if you owners can help a bit. I would like to know the folllowing about the bike.

1. Where does the speedo run from? Is it electronic and runs from a hall sensor at the front sprocket, or is it a manual gear that runs off the front wheel spindle?

2. What is the standard front and rear sprocket tooth numbers?

3. Are the front brake and clutch levers interchangable with the cbr300r?

thanks in advance.

cheers,

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
1. Speedo is digital display and runs off the transmission so changing sprockets either helps make it more accurate or makes it worse depending on whether your gearing it up or down.
2. 14/36
3. Yes

The 'F' would be an ideal bike for blasting around Bangkok, watch out for the crazies!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^ Yep, what he said. :laugh:

·
Registered
101 Posts
The 'F' would be an ideal bike for blasting around Bangkok, watch out for the crazies!
It's pretty good for that but I find the mirrors stick out a little too far and I can't go places I normally could with my CBR 150 or NSR 150. This mostly affects lane splitting and filtering.

For mainly downtown riding I would try to find a kit to get the mirrors in a bit. In all honesty if I only rode downtown Bangkok I wouldn't buy the 300 at all.

If you live on the outskirts or want to go on some rides outside the city then it's a great bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. Speedo is digital display and runs off the transmission so changing sprockets either helps make it more accurate or makes it worse depending on whether your gearing it up or down.
2. 14/36
3. Yes
Thanks, Kiwi. What speedo calibrator brands are being used on the 300 to bring the speedo / odo back into line? I'm familiar with Heal Tech's Speedo Healer and they have worked well in the past for me, but they are reasonably large box.

If you live on the outskirts or want to go on some rides outside the city then it's a great bike.
This. On my last work contract here I bought a new Honda Click. It was great for around town and to work but I found myself travelling further on it than it was designed to do IE: 450km a weekend.

With two sport bikes in the garage back home, I really can't justify anything more than a new 300 for the short time I'll be here.

I'll just throw a givi box on the back to get the same storage as the click had.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Thanks, Kiwi. What speedo calibrator brands are being used on the 300 to bring the speedo / odo back into line?
Couldn't tell ya, I don't use one but other members may be able to help. My speedo reads 3% slow now after changing both sprockets, its near enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts