Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple pics of my "F" with the Rear Seat Delete installed. I got it on e-bay and, although it was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, it actually arrived Friday (but I wasn't here to sign for it so I had to let it sit until today)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Likin it big time! Have you thought about getting the passenger grab handle delete plugs as well? Would look pretty neat I reckon.

I ordered mine from Thailand yst after deliberating for ages over the extortionate freight charge ($45USD!) but... I want them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
+1 rear pillion delete

I got the rear pillion delete about two months ago, it's since become the default

have to think some on shaving the grab handles, I find I do use them in the tight space around the garage with three bikes,

also the handles would come in handy getting the bike in/out of the pickup truck which I do from time to time

but the plugs are a clean look

ride safe

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Likin it big time! Have you thought about getting the passenger grab handle delete plugs as well? Would look pretty neat I reckon.

I ordered mine from Thailand yst after deliberating for ages over the extortionate freight charge ($45USD!) but... I want them.

I'm jealous. You guys down under have it too good, what with full access to all the asian market parts we never see in the States.
I thought about getting the handle deletes but I usually hang my helmet off them and, since I have to kinda man-handle the bike to turn it around inside my apartment, they're actually still needed. (At least, for now)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
@notarat Yes I thought about the man-handling of the bike aspect. It will be interesting to see how much I miss them. I sometimes load the bike into my mates van to take to the track so will see...
Yeah there is a lot of cool stuff (some would call it bling!) coming out of Asia for these bikes. I've got a couple of guys trying to track me an aluminium swingarm at the moment which I hope to be my next upgrade.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This might be silly but does it weigh any less than the seat? I would guess it is near as makes no difference but if it does drop weight I will be ordering one! It does look pretty slick :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This might be silly but does it weigh any less than the seat? I would guess it is near as makes no difference but if it does drop weight I will be ordering one! It does look pretty slick :)
Have not weighed them to compare. The new part is mostly a shell with only the necessary mounting parts required. I would think it's about 65%-75% the weight of the old rear seat, because the mounting stuff is pretty stout.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you think it works with the OEM helmet lock? Is there more storage space with it on?
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I didn't see your post until this morning.

I don't use the OEM Helmet lock and, tbh, probably couldn't tell you where it's located, LOL.

There is more space available now because the part is mostly a shell, so there is room underneath it.

I've been busy modeling replacement Network Jack plates for work, but I plan to make some CAD Designs for storage under the shell.

·
Registered
96 Posts
interesting question on the weight, they both seem very close in weight but I think the seat is actually an ounce or two lighter than the seat cowl but very close when compared

on the Powersports website it's listed as an accessory & it's called a seat cowl $149.95

it is available in either red or black, do not see a white listed but the black may work on a white cb300f?

ride safe

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interesting. I will probably keep it towards the lower end of the wish list in the cosmetic mods category then. I still want one because I think it looks pretty slick :D and once weighing both will decide which version to run while on track by weight and use the cowl on the street.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a follow-up on my rear seat replacement cowl...
Went for a short, 120mi ride Saturday and, at one point, I needed to shift myself back on my seat with a bit more force than I normally do. When I did so, the rear cowl popped loose and I almost lost it off the back of the bike.

I had it off earlier so I do not know if this was a case where I didn't make sure it was properly secured or if there is a fitment issue that manifests itself when you need to scoot back with a bit more gusto than normal...I just thought I'd let you all know so you can be cognizant of this possible issue

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just a follow-up on my rear seat replacement cowl...
Went for a short, 120mi ride Saturday and, at one point, I needed to shift myself back on my seat with a bit more force than I normally do. When I did so, the rear cowl popped loose and I almost lost it off the back of the bike.

I had it off earlier so I do not know if this was a case where I didn't make sure it was properly secured or if there is a fitment issue that manifests itself when you need to scoot back with a bit more gusto than normal...I just thought I'd let you all know so you can be cognizant of this possible issue

have not had an issue with the seat cowl accessory coming loose for going on two months now, I find I bump against the bumper fairly often, same on the stock seat cowl which secures the same way, has the same bumper in the same place, which has also never popped loose?

I do make sure I push the seat cowl accessory toward the riders seat as far as possible before I latch it, I have it off/on frequently because I use a battery tender & I have the quick connect harness dressed to the storage area.

ride safe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts