Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
Ive never fitted heated grips but I've upgraded a few pairs of grips over the years as OEM ones can be a bit cheap and crappy.
Getting the old ones off is not a bother because if they wont come off relatively easily you just cut them off! Getting the new ones on can be tricky as you don't want to end up with them 3/4 on and unable to get them on any further or off either. The trick I use is hairspray on the inside of the grip. It acts as a lubricant to help slide the new grip on but also acts as an adhesive when it dries. See clip below.
Ive also used the nozzle of a compressed air gun slipped in between the bar and the grip to break the seal enough to get the grip on or off. Good luck!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Fitting the left heated grip is straightforward. Remove old original, apply hairspay and fit. Make sure the cable is in a correct orientation. For the hrottle side, remove original then you will have to file/remove the little raised bars to allow the heated grip to slide over the throttle grip. Try it before using spray to ensure cable allows correct movement of throttle. Note position then apply spray and fit.
Gadget Audio equipment Electronic engineering Communication Device Motor vehicle
Product Camera accessory Cameras & optics Gadget Font

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wish I would have found this post a few days ago.
I installed the Oxford Touring grips, I love them but the install was a pain.
The Oxford kit comes with all the parts you need but evidently most folks use hairspray as an adhesive instead of the super glue that comes in the kit.
Removing them, when the time comes, is going to be a nasty job due to that super glue.

I carefully used a dremel tool to file down the throttle side bumps for fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts