Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To whom it may concern.

I've read a lot of posts from ppl having issues installing an integrated taillight unit. There's a lack of diagrams out there, so I wanted to post the diagram that came with mine. Hopefully this helps y'all in the future. (it's a 250r diagram but I promise it is the same for the 300's)

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ignore the programmable functions part unless you ordered the fancy one, need not apply.

·
Registered
419 Posts
One word of advice with the integrated tail-lights. Turn signals are not very visible on those systems. I STRONGLY suggest leaving your turn signals on the bike for visibility. If you want the tail of your bike to look better get the fender eliminator kit and some good quality LED turn signals. I really think these are a bad idea, especially on a learner bike. I purchased one for my bike and it had horrible visibility in bright light, to the point where a police officer tried to ticket me over it. I realized how bad it was on a group ride when my buddies were asking if I even had turn signals. The next day I re-installed my Rizoma turn signals and am very happy I did. Much smarter idea, experienced or not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See, I've heard the same, but I got the smoked glass unit with chromed reflectors surrounding the housing so it shines bright. Just gotta find a good unit.

·
Registered
419 Posts
See, I've heard the same, but I got the smoked glass unit with chromed reflectors surrounding the housing so it shines bright. Just gotta find a good unit.

You can say what you want. People in cars are extremely unaware these days on cell phones and whatever people do other than paying attention. The least you can do is make yourself as visible as possible. A smoked out taillight is not bright (I'm not sure how tinting something darker makes it visible) and a shiny chrome housing will just reflect sunlight and may even make it more difficult to see. To each their own but don't kid yourself, you are simply not as visible as you should/could be. Integrated taillights are part of what I believe MotoMike was calling "mod-mania" for new riders. It looks cool but is a terrible idea, especially for the inexperienced. Again, I bought one and ended up disconnecting the signals portion of it. I still use it as a taillight.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't necessarily disagree, I value all opinions. I guess I just haven't had any issues so no complaints on my end. If I get some close calls maybe I'll change them out, after all I never get rid of stock OEM parts, u never know when you'll need them again lol.

This was just a post to help those in need of a diagram to help with wiring, no debates either way needed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's surprisingly a Honda brand.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That looks like a Competition Werkes piece. The part number on your wire diagram is also not a Honda part number.

Can you post a video of your set up functioning?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts