Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over 3 times in 2 months and told to "slow down" in my first 2 months of owning the bike. One of the times I was doing the speed limit.
A month ago I got a ticket (I was doing 80 in a 55) officer said he clocked me doing 85, then wrote the ticket for 88!
Today got pulled over on the way to an appointment. I was doing 65 in a 55. He said I was doing 75. Gave me a warning.
From what y'all say on the threads the bikes speedo is more likely optimistic by 3-5%.
Do I need Honda to check my bike or are these cops most likely exaggerating?
Im starting to think I should have just gotten a Grom lol.
Anyone else get a lot of attention from law enforcement? 馃榾

Premium Member
I got an unfair amount of heat when i was living in Queensland, Australia years ago. I mentioned it to the locals and the consensus seemed to be that cops in that State hated bikers. Maybe you live in a State or city where they have a similar attitude towards bikers? I did have a bike with a roarty four-into-one on it though!
These days unless I speed I dont seem to get any attention.

Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll just chalk it up to my mullet flowing in the wind makes me look like im going faster than I really am.
Only sportsbike in a small southern town.
4 warnings n 1 ticket ain't bad out of 5 pullovers.

Premium Member
I guess I'll just chalk it up to my mullet flowing in the wind makes me look like im going faster than I really am.
Only sportsbike in a small southern town.
4 warnings n 1 ticket ain't bad out of 5 pullovers.
Minorities always get picked on. If you were riding a cruiser you'd be just fine and dandy! 馃槃

Registered
Fit a 15T front sprocket. My speedo reads about 2 mph over the actual reading by GPS. It is also a good idea to control your right hand when in a speed limit zone.

Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fit a 15T front sprocket. My speedo reads about 2 mph over the actual reading by GPS. It is also a good idea to control your right hand when in a speed limit zone.
True.
This bike is so light it just loves to move quick tho. 55 feels like 25.

Registered
The simple fact is all the times you were stopped you were SPEEDING--slow down obey the law -problem solved

1 - 9 of 9 Posts