Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled over 3 times in 2 months and told to "slow down" in my first 2 months of owning the bike. One of the times I was doing the speed limit.
A month ago I got a ticket (I was doing 80 in a 55) officer said he clocked me doing 85, then wrote the ticket for 88!
Today got pulled over on the way to an appointment. I was doing 65 in a 55. He said I was doing 75. Gave me a warning.
From what y'all say on the threads the bikes speedo is more likely optimistic by 3-5%.
Do I need Honda to check my bike or are these cops most likely exaggerating?
Im starting to think I should have just gotten a Grom lol.
Anyone else get a lot of attention from law enforcement? 馃榾

Premium Member
I got an unfair amount of heat when i was living in Queensland, Australia years ago. I mentioned it to the locals and the consensus seemed to be that cops in that State hated bikers. Maybe you live in a State or city where they have a similar attitude towards bikers? I did have a bike with a roarty four-into-one on it though!
These days unless I speed I dont seem to get any attention.

Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'll just chalk it up to my mullet flowing in the wind makes me look like im going faster than I really am.
Only sportsbike in a small southern town.
4 warnings n 1 ticket ain't bad out of 5 pullovers.

Premium Member
I guess I'll just chalk it up to my mullet flowing in the wind makes me look like im going faster than I really am.
Only sportsbike in a small southern town.
4 warnings n 1 ticket ain't bad out of 5 pullovers.
Minorities always get picked on. If you were riding a cruiser you'd be just fine and dandy! 馃槃

Registered
Fit a 15T front sprocket. My speedo reads about 2 mph over the actual reading by GPS. It is also a good idea to control your right hand when in a speed limit zone.

Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
Discussion Starter #6
Fit a 15T front sprocket. My speedo reads about 2 mph over the actual reading by GPS. It is also a good idea to control your right hand when in a speed limit zone.
True.
This bike is so light it just loves to move quick tho. 55 feels like 25.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts