Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, my CB300F tipped over... The damages were minimal though. Just some scratches on the right bar end, oil cap needs to be replaced and scratches on the engine cover near the oil cap. I already ordered new bar ends and new oil cap. I was just wondering if there was some touch up paint I could buy for the scratches on the engine cover.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Some body shops have a "scanner" that "sees" the color it is being pointed to and then (from a color library) tell you what the color is called so body man can mix some up. I have never used this process but I have read about it.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
The paint Honda uses on the CBR250R/300R/300F engines, frames, wheels, etc. is called Mat Axis Gray Metallic. Honda color code is *NH303M*.

Touch-up pens and small jars (as well as larger quantities) of factory matching paint can be had from a company called ColorRite: Honda NH303M Mat Axis Gray

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The paint Honda uses on the CBR250R/300R/300F engines, frames, wheels, etc. is called Mat Axis Gray Metallic. Honda color code is *NH303M*.

Touch-up pens and small jars (as well as larger quantities) of factory matching paint can be had from a company called ColorRite: Honda NH303M Mat Axis Gray
You're a livesaver. Out of curiosity if I wanted to replace the right side engine cover how much do you think a shop would charge me to install it? Probably way more than a touch-up pen I'm guessing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Apparently the gray is the wrong color gray. The mat axis gray seems to be the color of the passenger seat handles on the tail of the bike and not the gray on the engine case cover. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The both look identical to me. With the same tiny metallic specks in it. How did you find out they are different?
Oh, I see the problem. The CB300F Engine Case Cover is a light gray, where the CBR300R is a dark gray. If you look at he two bikes side by side the CB300F has a far much more lighter gray on the engine case cover and the CBR300R has the same gray it has as its passanger handles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts