Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this CBR300R is my first bike after spending 12 months on a little 50cc scooter. On that I had a cheap waterproof textile touring jacket, which I've carried over to the CBR but its so cumbersome/bulky and totally none breathable that I'm going to find something else.

Outside of this anyway I wanted to find an all season commuter pant, and the Revit Tornado came recommended so I picked them up. They seemed perfect, mesh for summer but a waterproof "breathable" liner inside. Problem is the liner is far from breathable, and being in Auckland where in summer we still get rain but its like 30c/90f like today so I don;t think I can keep them.

So what do you guys do? Do you rock and all season gear or do you have distinct summer gear and then get rain gear for those days and winter and just layer up underneath?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a breathable vented Alpinestars textile jacket that I wear all season, Along with my Astars boots, but I don't ride below 50 degrees F, nor do I ride in the rain. In the 50's I have Under Armour base layers, including socks, and a nice leather glove from Scorpion. Also wear a balaclava neck warmer. I also keep the vents in my helmet closed. If the sun is out, even with all that on, its perfect. Now, obviously in the summer, I don't wear all that crap and I open all the vents in my helmet and jacket and wear my other set of gloves.

Hope that helps in any small way...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm starting to feel the heat riding home from work. Alpine jacket is ok but riding pants are incredibly hot and sweaty. Any recommendations for the 'coolest' (literally) and safest riding pants ??

·
Registered
352 Posts
I personally have not found a pant that is cool enough for summer riding. I have read a lot about armored riding pants Troy Lee BP 7705 Armored Pants - RevZilla (like the link) then layering over that with some textile or the like. I personally just ride in jeans. I don't mind, but that's me.
The way I see it, there are only 3 acceptable times to sweat: During a workout, during sex, and during a ride! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts