1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
373cc
43 HP
324 lbs DRY
7.5 lbs/HP

Glad you posted this Mike, there was some concern that the RC was not going to be reaching America...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Did anyone take in how close the rider in the pictures above got to scraping:

I can see RC390 members getting some extra rep for scraping :D
Better check the underside of the RC390's you see in person.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is this bike around the same price as the CBR300? The CBR300 is going to be around $5,000. Is there pricing on the KTM RC390 yet? Just trying to see the lay of the land so that I explore all my options.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Is this bike around the same price as the CBR300? The CBR300 is going to be around $5,000. Is there pricing on the KTM RC390 yet? Just trying to see the lay of the land so that I explore all my options.
you might want to consider the RC200 then, it will punch about equal to the CBR300, cost less than the RC390 and be cheaper to insure because of its lower displacement...

No prices yet though, you can try and check out the Duke 390/200 pricing but I don't think those have been released for NA yet either.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
best part is the integrated tail light

could still use a tidy tail but not as badly as CBR300 will need one ;)

I am expecting to see a good amount of support from the aftermarket. I could only ask for the signals to be integarted in to the brake lamp which is already fitted under the tail, perfect. Eliminating the fender will give the CBR300R a much cleaner look.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Did anyone take in how close the rider in the pictures above got to scraping:

I can see RC390 members getting some extra rep for scraping :D
Better check the underside of the RC390's you see in person.
I doubt you would scrape

Unless there is a big bump in the road

And in the case.. if you are are leaning over in the middle of a turn and hit a big bump

Scraping is the least of your worries.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you guys feel this bike will compare against the CBR300?

Overall ?
Seriously?... the KTM RC390 will easily outperform a CBR500R in every respect, so to compare the CBR300R to the RC390 would be completely pointless.

The RC390 will not be released in the U.S. until late next summer, and even then availability will be very limited... Most of the U.S. KTM dealers will be lucky to be allocated one RC390, so I wouldn't hold my breath as far as getting any deals on this bike.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Seriously?... the KTM RC390 will easily outperform a CBR500R in every respect, so to compare the CBR300R to the RC390 would be completely pointless.

The RC390 will not be released in the U.S. until late next summer, and even then availability will be very limited... Most of the U.S. KTM dealers will be lucky to be allocated one RC390, so I wouldn't hold my breath as far as getting any deals on this bike.
agreed, I think the real competition for the RC390 is actually the CBR500.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The CBR500R is significantly heavier than the RC390, so performance wise the Honda won't compete with the KTM. You will, however be able to actually buy a CBR500R at any Honda dealer. The RC390 will be hard to get in 2014, and it will be expensive to say the least. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if KTM dealers price their allocated '14 RC390 higher than MSRP... supply & demand rules.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The CBR500R is significantly heavier than the RC390, so performance wise the Honda won't compete with the KTM. You will, however be able to actually buy a CBR500R at any Honda dealer. The RC390 will be hard to get in 2014, and it will be expensive to say the least. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if KTM dealers price their allocated '14 RC390 higher than MSRP... supply & demand rules.
Another point to add is that the majority of KTM dealers only stock motoX bikes, just try and find a Duke 690 anywhere! I mean if you go in and pre order I don't see how they won't get you an RC390, you'll have to wait and never get a chance to test pilot, but it wont be impossible.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Another point to add is that the majority of KTM dealers only stock motoX bikes, just try and find a Duke 690 anywhere! I mean if you go in and pre order I don't see how they won't get you an RC390, you'll have to wait and never get a chance to test pilot, but it wont be impossible.
Special order and god knows how long to wait for it to arrive.

I just rather avoid it all and just settle for a higher CC CBR, Ninja, or something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts