Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday was a gorgeous autumn day in south-central Ontario.
13 degrees C, sunny, just a slight wind. Went for a ride to a forest 60 km north of my place. There I hiked and relaxed on the soft leaf-upholstered ground.
From the long-range forecast it seems it could be the last weekend ride.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thataway to seize the day and moment.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Good one, that's what biking is all about for me too. Hopefully the winter doesn't come in too soon for you guys.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kiwi Rider, Toronto can be snow-free even in December. Above-zero temps can be even in January. Even though the last two winters were long and tough. How are your winters in NZ...is riding possible?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like a great day of riding in a beautiful area. I just love the white Canadian version of the F, however as a Texas Rangers fan, those Blue Jays stickers are questionable ;)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well! In that case I revoke your Blue Jays Membership and that Season Pass that goes with your Membership! :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those Blue Jay stickers scatter police radar so I can go faster without being detected :p

These roads are north of Toronto, in Caledon Hills.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice photos. Being here in AZ it needs reminding that November spells putting up the bikes many places on Earth. Summer is our "bad" season and gloves and face shield are to keep from burning. (Direct a hair dryer at oneself for a demo.) I have ridden all year round in Denver CO though the temps and snowfall up there in Canada are probably more severe.
it was a 'peaky' RD-350 so we know it's possible to negotiate roads deep in winter but with intense focus on throttle control and attention to the interface between tires and frozen terrain.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Started snowing here Monday afternoon, and by the time it stopped yesterday morning we had about 5" in the driveway... a few miles north, up at the Santa Fe ski area (10,000 to 12,500 ft. ASL) they reported 22" of new snow. I believe the ski area has had about 4+ ft. of snowfall so far this season, which is a bit unusual to get that much before Thanksgiving. Just a week ago we still had mild temps and nice motorcycle riding weather, but that's certainly not the case this week.

It's shaping up to be a winter with plenty of the white stuff. Long range forecasts have us here in the southern Rockies Mountains under an El Nino weather pattern, which means lots of moisture and colder air.

Time to get my snowmobile ready to ride... :)

Snow Snowmobile Winter sport Winter Vehicle

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^ If I was in your area, I'd be looking to do the very same... Must be a blast!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts