Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am wanting to put LED lights on my 2018 CBR 300, and my dad warned me on going with Honda approved lights for my bike. Does anyone have suggestions on what I can get that will fit my bike without blowing any fuses?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Much much simpler to just wait until you get your next bike which will most likely come with LEDS. That's what I did anyways. :giggle:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not wanting to install LED's but with me on a black bike, I was trying to make myself more visible in the dark.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Fit a pair of LED daylight running lights. Make brackets to mount them on the inner face of the fairing. Take the power supply through a fuse from an 'ignition on' wire, ideally the rear light supply. I run all my accessories through a fusebox mounted under the seat, switching supply is through a relay with power pick up from brown rear light cable. All accessories then take heir power directly from the battery through their own fuse in the box.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You can get these on eBay quite cheaply.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I mounted a pair of Denali day-time running lights on my front forks. They have both low and high power capabilities, so I wired them off my headlamp wiring... they work as high and low beams along with my headlamp. I really like the quality and function... but they're pricey. I have a link to their site only to give you an idea what's available for your bike. You can plug in your bike's year and model to see everything available if you like. Good Luck. Stay Safe.
DRL Visibility Lighting Kit with Fender Mount - White or Amber – DENALI Electronics

·
Registered
420 Posts
I mounted a pair of Denali day-time running lights on my front forks. They have both low and high power capabilities, so I wired them off my headlamp wiring... they work as high and low beams along with my headlamp. I really like the quality and function... but they're pricey. I have a link to their site only to give you an idea what's available for your bike. You can plug in your bike's year and model to see everything available if you like. Good Luck. Stay Safe.
DRL Visibility Lighting Kit with Fender Mount - White or Amber – DENALI Electronics
Denalis are very good but I feel they are rather overpriced for a CBR300. I used BikeVis on my Honda Deauville. They are excellent and not too expensive. The ones I got off eBay cost about £10 and are rated at 10watts. At that price I can replace often should they fail. They have been on about 2 years.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have added LED driving lights but would like to swap out the "yellow" headlight for a white LED to match, BUT, I have bought LED headlights off eBay before and found them to be not very bright... Does anyone have an experience of buying an eBay H4 bulb and installing it ona CB300F - and being happy with it? I would love a recommendation that we know works, both for brightness and pattern (not dazzling others when on dip). Anyone?
PS I am in Thailand, hence asking for eBay - Amazon, etc. is no good to me here...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts