Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stopped at a variety store after a long ride. 2 chick's sitting on a picnic table staring at the goods (me) haha. So I have my black visor down staring back, pretty much thinking "wanna go for a ride babes?!?!" lol... anyways not paying attention as I take my helmet off, suddenly my leg is hot as heck. I look down and here I am such an idiot standing with my leg against my muffler, smoke coming from my pants as they melt to the hot exhaust. Chick's start laughing and Im an idiot lol. Lesson learned.

Any tips to get melted pant off the exhaust? I'm having a hard time....

Attachments

Reactions: nateclapp

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Looks like the take away lesson is don't wear riding pants made of materials that can melt.

Reactions: SeanyMagic

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
What material were your pants?
They definitely were not leather.

I'm assuming he didn't burn his leg, which would have been a very unfortunate outcome.

I guess they thought you were...."smokin hot"!
An added benefit of leather riding gear: Women will always dig a guy wearing leather (especially Alpinestars leathers)... fashion considerations aside, it says you probably know what you're doing when it comes to motorcycles.

·
Registered
352 Posts
How do you burn yourself on your muffler? I have never had a single issue with being that close to the canister. Of course, I lean to the left with my R foot on the peg at stops. Maybe that's the key....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you burn yourself on your muffler? I have never had a single issue with being that close to the canister. Of course, I lean to the left with my R foot on the peg at stops. Maybe that's the key....
Lol I wasn't ON my bike, I was standing beside it and during my distractions I was stupid. I've never even come close to doing this before.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What material were your pants?

I guess they thought you were...."smokin hot"! :)

Pants were just light polyester with a "kevlar like" reinforcements at knees and ankles.... caught the pant just under the knee. Only burned thru the first layer, didn't penetrate the armor. Luckily not my main riding pants... Pants are garbage now tho lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts