Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Forgive me me for being an old man that lives under a stone but what does ruh roh and K mean?.
From an American cartoon......

24FC5551-3695-4F9F-BBA6-B74D36112C1F.jpeg

....and k is “ok” .....or for future reference I being an American old man will throw out the term “okie-dokie”...... which means the same.........

·
Registered
263 Posts
when a chain starts to kink like that --it's toast-- no amount of oiling is going to fix it because the oil can't get to where it needs to be under the O rings-- for many years now the chains Honda uses as OEM on their small bikes is very low quality

·
Registered
68 Posts
just to throw in 2 cents. i've used magnetic tank bags since like...forever. however since i had a small one blow off(i guess-it was there when i started my trip and not there when i got where i was going[ with no stops in between])) i have wrapped a small heavy vinyl cable tie to the center of the handlebars that i clip the bag strap to. haven' lost one since. if anybody finds a small tank bag on the side of the road in southern quebec it's probably mine. 'course it's probably 28 years old so......ahhh, never mind!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Will keep an eye out for it :D

New bar-end mirrors over here. The old ones were fleabay specials for something like $10 shipped and I lost one the other day in traffic. The new ones are the Oxford round units from Revzilla. Much better in all regards: clear view of vision, minimum shake on the highway, convex glass, easy to adjust.

Going to take a stab at rejuvenating the chain with products. But I'll be looking for recommendations there sooner or later.

·
Registered
270 Posts
A quick one from riding up to the mountain house. I recognize some of those stickers from when I did mine!

I like what you've done there

May have gotten the idea from you? Or there was that fella who stickered up his windshield. I stickered it incompletely last year--one cling-type vinyl fell off--and the remaining stickers have held up well, plus peel off easily. I did the same to my bicycle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's all good, I claim no originality in it. I don't think there is much that is unique that one can do to a motorcycle anymore anyways. The only exception might be riding a 300F, I don't see any others in my area.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Striped my wheels today. I've always liked the look:

Man Zeke!!!! That looks good!!! Is it pretty easy to do?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quite easy. The vinyl comes in four pieces. Clean the lips thoroughly. Then use the same soapy water mix to wet the area before application, so you can move/reapply the vinyl as needed to get it just right. It was downright soothing after other recent experiences. :)

61 - 79 of 79 Posts